New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    To all Crosswind experts,

I need to know how to make the ride of a 2001 Crosswind as comfortable as possible. This my parents' (in their late 70's) car and I'd like my mom to have as smooth and soft a ride as possible.

This is used exclusively for city driving and the car is almost never loaded with cargo. The heaviest cargo it's ever taken was the 'healthy' women in her majong group.

I don't know enough about the Crosswind to modify it by removing a leaf spring or changing shocks or both.
    Would greatly appreciate your valuable inputs here.

BTW, if there is an existing thread on this please point me at it. Did some searching but did not find any.

Thanks in advance.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Madalas kong nakikita dito is you flip the overload leaf of the leaf spring pack. Si fierari kasi ganun ginawa sa fierari niya, eh.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

3. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    pero hindi na pwede magkarga nang mabigat..

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    yan ang reklamo ng mga may-ari ng crosswind....choppy ride...pero bat kaya ang toyota revo same suspension setup, pero di naman ganun katagtag? esep...esep

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    mukhang mas malambot pa nga ang ride ng revo kesa sa patrol ko e.
    Signature

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Revo utilized softer leaf springs and it does not have the overload leaf bacuase of its design.

Another cheap trick is to carry one (1) 50kgs. sack of any load at the rear to compensate for the suspension rebound.

7. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Originally posted by OTEP
    Madalas kong nakikita dito is you flip the overload leaf of the leaf spring pack. Si fierari kasi ganun ginawa sa fierari niya, eh.
    Which one is the overload leaf? The lowest and thickest one? And. where should I have this done - can any mechanic do this?

How about stock shocks heavy duty? Should I also consider replacing those to get a very comfortable ride?

- Gripe

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Moral rule I've learned so far, for street use and comfortable ride. Never place gas type shocks on your leaf springs. Liquid or foam types are more advisable.

9. Join Date
    Feb 2003
    SHockless pwede din pero baka mahilo. parang nasa boat.
    flipping the overload pwede. pwede nga flip ung last 2 leaves.
    softer yung revo. Sa Mb100 nga iisang makapal na leaf lang.

as for the leaf job all mechanics may be able to do it. but some can do it better than others. and some can do the best.

10. Join Date
    Feb 2003
    suggest ko mag revo or crv ka na lang para ndi masyado matagtag...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Most comfortable ride from a Crosswind?