New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by dagol View Post
    Oks para sakin sportivo for city driving,but definitely a big no sa mga 2way traffic type na daan paprobinsya.Kelangan kasi natin ang maliksing sasakyan para mas safe umovertake lalo na sa mga daang papuntang baguio.
    I can just imagine.

2. Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by renzo_d10 View Post
    Yep, I know na it's pretty cheap and easy to maintain cause it still has this old-diesel tech pero yun nga is it really that efficient as compared to lets say ... a strada perhaps or any diesel-fed vehicle, besides Isuzus, nowadays ?
    Chief, the Crosswind is not as fuel-efficient as the 3-litre Isuzu engines plugged into the Ddi-iTEQ Alterra and DMax.... and comparing the 2.5-litre and 3.2-litre Mitsu Strada or Montysport (we also have a 2010 Montysports by my in-laws next door), on the other hand, they too are not as fuel-efficient as our Philippine-DMaxsiado.

Here's also a fuel-efficiency run conducted by the Department of Energy in 2008:
    http://www.alternat1ve.com/biofuel/2008/10/26/top-10-cars-in-the-philippines-in-fuel-economy/

The highlight of the article as quoted en toto:

Majority of the vehicles who made this list have diesel engines. But this shouldn’t be surprising considering that diesel engines have higher energy conversion efficiencies than gasoline engines.

These cars were:
    1. Suzuki Alto 0.8L MT Gas – P1.38/km (34 km per liter)
    2. Hyundai Getz 1.5L MT Diesel – P1.82/km (25.22 km/liter)
    3. Hyundai Accent 1.5L MT Diesel – P1.97/km (23.38 km/liter)
    4. Mercedes Benz C-180K 1.8L AT Gas – P2.07/km (22.70km/liter)
    5. Toyota Vios 1.3L MT Gas – P2.08/km-(22.67 km/liter)
    6. Ford Focus 2.0L MT Diesel – P2.15/km (21.39km/liter)
    7. Kia Picanto 1.1 AT Gas – P2.18/km (21.60 km/liter)
    8. BMW 320D 2.0L AT Diesel – P2.24/km (20.53 km/liter)
    9. Isuzu DMAX Lt 4×2 2.5L MT Diesel – P2.24/km (20.57 km/liter)
    10. Isuzu Alterra 4×2 3.0L MT diesel – P2.37/km (19.44 km/liter)
    The route taken during the test was from the DOE compound to Subic (via Edsa), then to the NLEx then finally SCTEx. After reaching Subic cars returned to the DOE compound. Length of run was 333 km.

3. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by hinDMaxsiado View Post
    Chief, the Crosswind is not as fuel-efficient as the 3-litre Isuzu engines plugged into the Ddi-iTEQ Alterra and DMax.... and comparing the 2.5-litre and 3.2-litre Mitsu Strada or Montysport (we also have a 2010 Montysports by my in-laws next door), on the other hand, they too are not as fuel-efficient as our Philippine-DMaxsiado.

Here's also a fuel-efficiency run conducted by the Department of Energy in 2008:
    http://www.alternat1ve.com/biofuel/2008/10/26/top-10-cars-in-the-philippines-in-fuel-economy/

Majority of the vehicles who made this list have diesel engines. But this shouldn’t be surprising considering that diesel engines have higher energy conversion efficiencies than gasoline engines.

These cars were:

The route taken during the test was from the DOE compound to Subic (via Edsa), then to the NLEx then finally SCTEx. After reaching Subic cars returned to the DOE compound. Length of run was 333 km.

Ah ok. So the main advantage that you'll be having when you own one ( xwind ) is that you'll be spending much less on its maintenance compared to its diesel-fed counterparts ( montero, fortuner etc. etc. ) but besides that, you get nothing else greater than what the others are offering. Right ?

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by tata_ismael View Post

kung nababagalan kayo sa crosswinds nyo, ibenta nyo na lang at bumili kayo ng dmax or alterra.. oh dba.. hehehe

i'm sure meron jan kaya 150kph pataas.. yung akin nga 130kph, automatic pa.. kuntento na ako sa bilis ng crosswind ko.. medyo mahirap nga lang pormahan.. :D
    I drive a Crosswind usually around town. Bakit ko pa ibebenta? I'll just buy a faster car for long trips. Joke.

Seriously, pwede naman ibyahe ang Crosswind ng malayo pero iba ang pagod sa driver dahil mas demading. Hindi kamukha pag malakas ang dala mo.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

5. Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Masyadong mahal sa performance ng makina.Mas mabuti pa sigurong 4bc2 ang inilagay ng isuzu para may arangkada.Halos pareho lang ang tunog nila.Nilalangaw sa mga tindahan dito ang D-MAX at L2,habang padami nang padami ang bilang ng Hilux. Yung Navarra ay sa umpisa lang malakas ang gayuma.Natakot mga tao sa makina.Gawa kasi ng Renault.Unreliable mga french at italian cars dito.

6. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by hinDMaxsiado View Post

These cars were:

Di pa rin yan normal driving conditions. di naman palagi dadaan ng express ways, case to case basis yan fuel consumption(route+driver skills). Sa stop and go condition di matipid yan mga 3liter engine, siguro sa madaming pera.
    Dito lang sa Cavite di aabot ng 15km/li yan dmax at alterra(both 3.0L), Barely 12 lang, un xwind kaya 15km/li. Syempre matipid ang mga bigger displacement kapag long drive at less traffic. Pero sa combined city/highway syempre un maliit.
    *Marichelle. Okay lang yan bagal, as long as makakarating ka pa din sa destination mo. Short lang naman ang xwind sa security at safety features

7. Join Date
    Jan 2011
    *kkreuk18 - tama sir, nasa driver yan.. my crosswind AT is as fuel-efficient as our alterra MT, around 14km/L.. the article posted is indeed not about normal driving condition.. I have a number of friends who maintain that the Toyota Vios only does 13-15km/L at best in normal city driving (not the 22.67km/L claimed in the article)

*dagol - same tayo ng opinion with regards to the pricing of crosswinds sir, mahal talaga for the specs.. pero namamahalan ako not because of the engine but because of the other safety features lacking.. dapat sana sa presyo ng crosswinds meron man lang ABS or better brakes..

*OTEP - oo nga sir, thinking of buying a Civic Hatch again para magamot ang need for speed.. hehehe pero the crosswind is really enough for my family's needs..

*hinDMaxsiado - sir, pasok sa top10 ang DMAX LT which sports the same 4ja1 engine with the crosswind, tama po ba?

*renzo_d10 - medyo ganun na nga sir.. :D maibibigay na ng crosswinds ang basic needs mo sa sasakyan.. plus less sakit ng ulo.. pero hindi bagay ito sa mga demanding na tao.. hehehe

buti na lang hindi tayo nag babangayan dito sa thread na ito.. dun sa ibang forum, away na ito eh.. hehe basta as I said before, solbs na ako sa top speed ng sportivo.. kulang lang sa arangkada.. tsaka mahal sa brandnew so 2ndhand lang binili ko.. hehehe

Have a nice day guys!

8. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Good decision sir TataIsmael na 2nd hand lang binili mo, lugi talaga pag brand new. Masyado lumaki ulo ng isuzu nung naghit ang xwind nila.
    Akala ng isuzu e hindi sila maabutan ng iba when it comes to diesel performance, swerte lang nila hindi pinasok ng nissan un AUV class. Mas maganda sana ang competition

9. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by OTEP View Post
    There is still a certain margin of safety that comes from having a fast/powerful vehicle.

You can pass other vehicles with confidence on two lane highways. Unlike in the Crosswind wherein I feel like I will become the hood ornament of the vehicle on the opposite lane. hehehe.

With power comes responsibility. But I'd rather have some reserve power to get me out of trouble.
    Agree here.... Marami talagang tifosi ng Isuzu vehicles for their rightful merits....

12.7K:fart1:
    Last edited by CVT; March 31st, 2011 at 09:03 AM.

10. Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Kaya mahal dahil kasama si Daisy sa package deal, este "decibel".Just kidding

Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
makupad po ba talaga sportivo TURBO?