New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by denvir View Post
    good day po! bumili po kc kami ng sportivo xmax, ask ko lang kung normal po ba na ung max speed nya lang eh 120 kph lang? salamat po
    Yes. And you don't need to emphasize the word " TURBO " since its TURBO doesn't really help pulling up it's top speed ...

And yes, be happy if it has already reached 120kph. It's pretty close to the max speed that a crosswind can attain.

2. Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by denvir View Post
    good day po! bumili po kc kami ng sportivo xmax, ask ko lang kung normal po ba na ung max speed nya lang eh 120 kph lang? salamat po
    Yes chief, TUMPAK!.... maingay na makina niyan kahit 100 kph palang ahihi

And it's one of the most "overrated" vehicles out there where even the clunker 2.5-litre Sportivo costs more than 3-litre DMax LS Ddi-iTEQ manual-transmission.... Come to think of it, that's a year 1997 engine and non-CRDi you are paying for where thru the years the Crosswind received only cosmetics-after-cosmetics ahihi ahoho

Not dissing out the Crosswind entirely, actually we have one 2001 XT model, and it's one of the most reliable and dependable out there.... Talking about almost 300,000 km odo and still running like a champ the way it has always been....

3. Join Date
    Jan 2011
    like what others said, may ibibilis pa yan.. nasa break-in period ka pa daw kase, ika nga.. back-read ka sa crosswind thread, merong iba na pumapalo ng 160.. :D

mine is a 2005 Sportivo AUTOMATIC and kayang-kaya 130kph.. kinukulang lang ako sa kalsada dahil sa bagal ng arangkada.. hehehe

para sa akin, hindi ko naman kailangan ng mas mabilis pa na topspeed.. 130kph is enough.. ang kailangan ko sana eh mas mabilis na arangkada, mas magandang braking system, mas better suspension for cornering, and ABS sana.. pero mas mabilis na arangkada, solbs na ako..

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    There is still a certain margin of safety that comes from having a fast/powerful vehicle.

You can pass other vehicles with confidence on two lane highways. Unlike in the Crosswind wherein I feel like I will become the hood ornament of the vehicle on the opposite lane. hehehe.

With power comes responsibility. But I'd rather have some reserve power to get me out of trouble.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

5. Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Oks para sakin sportivo for city driving,but definitely a big no sa mga 2way traffic type na daan paprobinsya.Kelangan kasi natin ang maliksing sasakyan para mas safe umovertake lalo na sa mga daang papuntang baguio.

6. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    It's slow, heavy to drive and very noisy!!!

Our Sportivo has already got 100K in its instrument panel. Our second car, Civic lxi, got only 51245km to be exact but the amount of money we've spend to it can accommodate 3 crosswinds maintenance cost. We've already replaced its timing belt, sensor of something I don't know, suspension parts, tires, lots of sparkplugs,etc. For the Sportivo, we've only changed its fanbelts as far as I know.

To quote my husband, "We may have the slowest car in the road but all of us can reach the same destination. We are just a few minutes late and the happiest guy in the gasoline station."

7. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    120-140 km/h is the limit for the Crosswind... 140 if you've got a long, loooooong straight to do it on... slightly downhill.

Still, can't argue with a vehicle that can do well over 200,000 kilometers in traffic with very few (and very cheap) problems.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

8. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    yong 2008 sportivo namin 130kph lng kaya ang ingay ng makina.. yon lang ang tipid2 ng crudo kesa sa nav ko. ok sya sa city driving.

9. Join Date
    Jan 2011
    mapapahamak lang naman ang mabagal na sasakyan sa daan kung hindi alam ng nagmamaneho ang limitasyon ng kanyang sasakyan.. kung alanganin umovertake, huwag na lang subukan.. may pagkakataon pa din naman siguro mamaya sa bandang unahan.. hehe

slowly but surely..

kung nababagalan kayo sa crosswinds nyo, ibenta nyo na lang at bumili kayo ng dmax or alterra.. oh dba.. hehehe

i'm sure meron jan kaya 150kph pataas.. yung akin nga 130kph, automatic pa.. kuntento na ako sa bilis ng crosswind ko.. medyo mahirap nga lang pormahan.. :D

10. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Marichelle View Post
    We are just a few minutes late and the happiest guy in the gasoline station."
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    120-140 km/h is the limit for the Crosswind... 140 if you've got a long, loooooong straight to do it on... slightly downhill.

Still, can't argue with a vehicle that can do well over 200,000 kilometers in traffic with very few (and very cheap) problems.
    *Niky, is the crosswind THAT fuel efficient ?

Yep, I know na it's pretty cheap and easy to maintain cause it still has this old-diesel tech pero yun nga is it really that efficient as compared to lets say ... a strada perhaps or any diesel-fed vehicle, besides Isuzus, nowadays ?

Quote Originally Posted by tata_ismael View Post
    kung nababagalan kayo sa crosswinds nyo, ibenta nyo na lang at bumili kayo ng dmax or alterra.. oh dba.. hehehe
    Mabagal rin naman yung D-Max eh.

i'm sure meron jan kaya 150kph pataas.. yung akin nga 130kph, automatic pa.. kuntento na ako sa bilis ng crosswind ko.

Top speed is okay. Pero the acceleration is so damn slow. Tapos ang ingay pa ng engine kapag nasa 100++kph ka na.

. medyo mahirap nga lang pormahan.. :D
    Di naman daw kasi dapat pinopormahan ang AUVs. ;) Actually their stock looks are okay naman. Some tend to overdo their AUVs kaya ayun RICE na tuloy.

Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
makupad po ba talaga sportivo TURBO?