New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2003
    First time this happened today; pickup was left parked overnight, then when i cranked it up this morning, first start it idled for about a second or 2 (very low) then died, tried starting it up again, it went through but idled very low, like 500ish or less, it almost seemed like it was going to stall but went up to its normal of 750 after about 8-10 secs...tried revving a few times before driving and everything looked stable

been thinking on and off about replacing a little over 3yr old battery; can the incident above be a sign?

i missed the volt meter reading while it was idling low...i know it would have been a good indicator.

TIA

2. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Sir how strong was the cranking?
    When was the last time you changed your fuel filter?
    Try this tomorrow morning. Pressurize the fuel using the pump/water seperator. Kung magaan pump until matigas na. then start.
    Balitaan ninyo kami!

3. Join Date
    Mar 2003
    sir 4jg,

cranking was strong enough, no hesitation...

i was in a hurry the next morning you gave the suggestion, although it started fine...then this morning, it happened again...tried pumping like you said then it started but still idled low, pumped the water separator again and idling went up, i don't know really if it was because of that or simply ok na ulit siya, kase it was the same the last time it happened, wala naman ako ginawa, just waited for the needle to come up to 750 rpm

may tubig kaya? or hangin?

thanks

4. Join Date
    Mar 2003
    ...and for the fuel filter, i had it changed about 7k kms ago (2nd to the last change oil), i change oil every 4k...

dapat ba every oil change naren ang palit ng filter?

5. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by BeetOls View Post
    ...and for the fuel filter, i had it changed about 7k kms ago (2nd to the last change oil), i change oil every 4k...

dapat ba every oil change naren ang palit ng filter?
    tomorrow morning pump the seperator before you start the engine.
    Pump until it hardens.

You can remove the water by openning the valve below the water seperator/pump.
    You can chech air by replacing temporarily the fuel lines using a transparent hose.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    may leak yan sa fuel line.

7. Join Date
    Mar 2003
    sirs,

passed by the workshop today and had the water separator drained/cleaned; found some dirt particles inside but nothing that serious that's why i just decided not to have the fuel filter checked; ok naman nung binalik -- salpak then a few pumps, one click naman...will observe muna tomorrow morning if it happens again

next step is to check the fuel lines as also suggested...

i sure hope its not the IP again...

thanks

8. Join Date
    Mar 2003
    after a couple of days of easy cranking up; my problem is back, yesterday i had the inlet hose (from the tank) and outlet (to the fuel filter) changed with a new, and so far doing good again, but i am pessimistic that i'd say hello to it again maybe tomorrow, or maybe not anymore (i hope)

i was told it's most likely the water separator not pumping as strongly anymore, my mechanic's service is also exhibiting the same behavior (4ja1), we don't think it's the IP because once it picks up, it's never erratic, no hunting whatsoever

this brings me to my question, does anybody now the surplus or maybe brand new price of this? i know i need to call walco up but a heads up would be good as well

thanks

9. Join Date
    Mar 2003
    i've kinda reached a dead end here...

replaced all the fuel hoses - problem is still there and it got worse kase kahit sandali ko lang iniwan eh nag lolow idling when i start it again

even got a brand new water separator from isuzu and new fuel filter -- seemed to have gotten even worse...when i cranked it up this morning...it started with idling low again...plus...when i tried revving then releasing the pedal, idling would go down to about 500 then pick up again after about a second or 2 and goes back to 750 -- hindi lang kaya na bleed ng maayos ito?; i hope so...

i tried using the pump on the water sep until it was harder then started...medyo hirap paren talaga

mga sirs, what should i be looking at next? IP na kaya?

TIA

10. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    What is your mileage?
    It look like air goes in through the front oil seal of the IP.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Low idling after a cold start