New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Peeps,

Pa help lang..ano yun mg various brands ng mga subic trooper? I know the following:

1. Trooper Lotus
    2. Trooper bighorn

Ano pagkakaiba nila?

My friend is selling me his trooper, A/T, di cia dual AC, at wla 3rd seat..ganon ba talaga yung model. ( I think 1995 sa japan)

wla rin cila side cladding at running board...

he's giving it at 270T ok na kaya yun?

Thanks sa help

2. Join Date
    May 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by matrixx View Post
    Peeps,

Pa help lang..ano yun mg various brands ng mga subic trooper? I know the following:

1. Trooper Lotus
    2. Trooper bighorn

Ano pagkakaiba nila?

My friend is selling me his trooper, A/T, di cia dual AC, at wla 3rd seat..ganon ba talaga yung model. ( I think 1995 sa japan)

Thanks sa help
    Please refrain from using TEXT SPEAK when posting. Read and familiarize yourself with the forum rules.

We do not have any text limit in the forums. This is a warning.

3. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Peeps,

1. Trooper Lotus
    2. Trooper bighorn

Ano pagkakaiba nila?

Thanks sa help

may alam pa akong irmscher edition.

IMO dont buy SUVic trooper.

baka sakit lang sa ulo.

4. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    My 2 cents on this....

There are actually 2 generations of the Isuzu Trooper. Its been sold as Isuzu Bighorn in other markets. The 2nd-gen in fact has a rebadged variant known as the Honda Horizon.

Yeah, there are the Lotus edition, Irmscher, and the Plaiser. As to the difference? I really don't know (not an owner of one). Maybe other tsokoteers are well-versed.

Some insight:
    Get the one that have the 4JG2 3.1 turbodiesel engine with intercooler which earns a fuel-efficient, robust, reliable reputation.

The latest rendering of the model in the Philippines-- the Skyroof edition with the 4JX1 engine just have so many issues. Look them up in the forum.

5. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Gerbo View Post
    My 2 cents on this....

There are actually 2 generations of the Isuzu Trooper. Its been sold as Isuzu Bighorn in other markets. The 2nd-gen in fact has a rebadged variant known as the Honda Horizon.

Yeah, there are the Lotus edition, Irmscher, and the Plaiser. As to the difference? I really don't know (not an owner of one). Maybe other tsokoteers are well-versed.

Some insight:
    Get the one that have the 4JG2 3.1 turbodiesel engine with intercooler which earns a fuel-efficient, robust, reliable reputation.

The latest rendering of the model in the Philippines-- the Skyroof edition with the 4JX1 engine just have so many issues. Look them up in the forum.
    to add:

In australia it has been rebadge as the Holden jackaroo.

i think the last batch of trooper sold in the market are the generation 2.5 (pajero field master's counterpart.)

we currently own a 2005 last batch trooper powered by a 3.0 4jx1 crdi and boy, its a HEADACHE!

replaced the injectors twice,

changed the starter motor,

changed the alternator,

many faulty sensors,

hard to maintain,

uses 5w/10w-30 oils

expensive parts

but the good side of this engine is it is very strong, hindi ka mabibitin and no problem reaching speeds of 180kmh.

can't let go of our trooper.

6. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Peeps,

1. Trooper Lotus
    2. Trooper bighorn

Ano pagkakaiba nila?

Thanks sa help
    subic BIGHORN are all the same.. meron lang lumabas na lotus or irmschr dahil lang sa suspension set up nila.. yun lang... but interior and engine are all the same... some older models doesnt have rear seats, stepboard, etc..

but i wouldnt recommend those subic or bighorn.. mahirap humanap ng parts... body parts lang magkapreaho but the underchassis and some engine components are different... and ussually its a bigger headache to buy those subic cars... bilhin mo ng 270,000 but u spend twice or 3x that of which you bought it...

better buy the local troopers.. meron naman mabibili dyan na mura rin... orig left hand drive pa and meron parts talaga available...
    Last edited by jarhead; January 8th, 2009 at 10:18 AM. Reason: additional

7. Join Date
    Mar 2007
    we own a 4jx1 trooper. grabeng gastos. aabot na ata ng almost half million. but my dad just can let go of it hehe

8. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by suysuy View Post
    we own a 4jx1 trooper. grabeng gastos. aabot na ata ng almost half million. but my dad just can let go of it hehe
    tama ka diya bai suysuy.

btw, trooper pala namin is averaging 7.25 km/L.

not bad

OT: bakit 3.1L ang trooper naka lagay sa signature mo?

diba 3.0 lang?

9. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Peeps,

1. Trooper Lotus
    2. Trooper bighorn

Ano pagkakaiba nila?

Thanks sa help

hi, i own the plaisir model.

models? there are i think 3. plaisir, lotus, irmsher

difference.
    lotus has better ride. the suspension is made by lotus of europe. also has sunroof. and better seats. this is the top of the line bighorn.

plaisir. basic interior. but the strongest engine of the model. its like a tweaked 4jg2 engine. faster than the 2 other model.

irmsher. this is the best seats. if you like recaro. on black.

additional info. there is a swb and lwb bighorn. short wheel base and long wheel base. 3 door and 5door. also, bighorns have 2 kinds of dashboard. earlier models have the knob type dashboards. and square designs. newer models have a slicker dashboard. same with local 98 troopers.

and ofcourse. look for the g80 code in the engine bay plate. which means the rear axle has the limited slip differential. very nice for offroading use. helps a lot for traction.

as for other details i may have leftout or dont know yet. dagdag nalang guys. :D

Isuzu Trooper Subic - various models