New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 11 of 145 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314152161111 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Sir bwn, the easiest way that I could think of is to look at the rear decal for the engine displacement. If it’s 3.0 then it’s a 4JX1 and when it’s a 3.1L then it’s a 4JG2.
    To be sure, you’ll have to pop up the hood and visually check. If its valvetrain is DOHC then it’s the 4JX1.

Take a look at the images posted by sir Starex_Gold at the previous page of this thread. I believe it is a 4JX1.
    http://tsikot.yehey.com/forums/showthread.php?t=52383&page=6

2. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    thanks sir quilicot, sir wham...suddenly i noticed most troopers for sale are 2000 models and above!.....or either imported ones, they must have kept their local earlier troops...

3. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by bwn View Post
    thanks sir quilicot, sir wham...suddenly i noticed most troopers for sale are 2000 models and above!.....or either imported ones, they must have kept their local earlier troops...
    sir..just buy other models like pajero. better quality and better resale value.

4jx1 is just a headache of a car.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2008
    baka nakita mo rin sa amin

yeah, like av8or5 said, it's a headache. starts with a seal, then another prbo, then another one, the another one. buti nga may bumli ng 4JX1 namin eh. SUrprised nga ako eh :D

5. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    hmm, it appears its better to get a 98 below trooper...how can i be sure and tell its a 4jg2 and not that problematic 4jx1? sorry for these types of questions...
    The best is to get a 1999 transition model. Newer face but old, non electronic, noisy but super reliable engine.

A sure ball way know whether X1 or G2 is the computer box inside the engine bay at the back of the air filter. You will not miss it unless you are blind.

4JG2-TC

6. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    The 4JG2 is indeed for keeping.

The 4JX1 is undeniably more powerful. Just as powerful as the meds you need to aid your headache .. and heartache... lol!

7. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Isuzu Afficionados hello,

I'd like to invite all Isuzu owners to come and join the Club Isuzu Alterra in a funrun this April 5th, Sunday to Camaya Coast, Mariveles, Bataan. Free lunch will be provided at the resort so all you need is to bring your Isuzu vehicles and participate in the funrun and photoshoot. Please sign up in the Club Isuzu Alterra thread before Tuesday so we can reserve your seat at the resort for lunch. For more info, you can text me at 0917 3958888. I'm Jeff.
    Hope to see more Isuzu afficionados in Bataan!!!

8. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by jefsan View Post
    Isuzu Afficionados hello,

I'd like to invite all Isuzu owners to come and join the Club Isuzu Alterra in a funrun this April 5th, Sunday to Camaya Coast, Mariveles, Bataan. Free lunch will be provided at the resort so all you need is to bring your Isuzu vehicles and participate in the funrun and photoshoot. Please sign up in the Club Isuzu Alterra thread before Tuesday so we can reserve your seat at the resort for lunch. For more info, you can text me at 0917 3958888. I'm Jeff.
    Hope to see more Isuzu afficionados in Bataan!!!

Sounds good! Let me check my schedule!

9. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by wham_10mbps View Post
    The 4JG2 is indeed for keeping.

The 4JX1 is undeniably more powerful. Just as powerful as the meds you need to aid your headache .. and heartache... lol!
    Di naman po lahat sir ng X1 is a lemon, i have a '99 X1 m/t, just logged in 177k on the odometer this weekend. Average of two Baguio-Manila business trips every month. No major headache and heartache so far and i'll bet my mother's orchids that it still gives the forts, eves and monteros a run for their money specially on uphill climbs. Because of the flak that the X1 is getting, i call my troop my "lemon iced tea" hahaha :cheers2: but kidding aside, i think the euro 3 ones are the notorius conkers. Im no great mechanic but my guess is the more modern engine (versus the euro 2 version installed on the early m/t models) doesnt function well with the O-ring/injectors and sensors. I have five friends with similar units who are still enjoying their troop. But maybe thats just us the downside lang talaga is the injector problem caused a major decline in the resale value of the troop lalo na generalized na ang views ng public. Funny thing though that the maintenance cost for these units havent gone down.

May i ask the diesel engine luminaries if there is a connection between the transmission and the injectors & sensors? Thats because the most of the euro 3 models are A/T's. I noticed that the shift lag in the skyroof models is very minimal, almost perfect pa nga eh, na to an inexperienced person it might not be noticeable at all. Now could it be that the tranny is punishing the engine too much? Just thinking out loud lamang po, looking for a more educated approach on getting to the bottom of the X1 problem.

i cant blame other peeps for referring to the troop as "a LIME a dozen" (no pun intended) kase it really is expensive to maintain one especially if you have a conker unit. But sans the much ballyhoed injector & sensor prob, to me the troop is still one great SUV. But then again maybe thats just me hehe

10. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Hi Everyone, my uncle just acquired a trooper i think 2002 model (before ng skyroof ata) with 35K on the odometer. I took it for a test drive and in my opinion ok naman, minimal yung usok, engine sounds ok. wala akong ma rinig na miscellaneous sounds. I just want to know if theres anything we should look out for? were taking it to isuzu iloilo for an assesment sometime next week. Do we need to change the injectors as previously discussed in the previous pages of these thread? TIA

Isuzu Trooper discussion