New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    My husband has is working overseas and till now, he has been taking care of the repairs of our cars etc. Since I dont drive, my driver says that our trooper needs a new clutch disc and pressure plate. He says it will cost around Php26k to get a new one from banawe + labor. It seems a bit much but am not sure so.....Would anybody know if this is a reasonable price pls? thanks.:wonder:

2. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by rodelrosario View Post
    My husband has is working overseas and till now, he has been taking care of the repairs of our cars etc. Since I dont drive, my driver says that our trooper needs a new clutch disc and pressure plate. He says it will cost around Php26k to get a new one from banawe + labor. It seems a bit much but am not sure so.....Would anybody know if this is a reasonable price pls? thanks.
    IMO, that's too high price... visit your Casa nalang...

3. Join Date
    May 2007
    tawag na lang po kayo sa casa para itanong kung magkano yung spare parts na papalitan at kung magkano labor.para kasing mahal nga yung 26k eh.

4. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    26k for a transmission job plus parts is way to high....you may ask any Isuzu dealer about the cost of parts and labor to have a ball park figure....then maybe bring your unit to your trusted mechanic and purchase the parts yourself...that would be cheaper and affordable...good luck

5. Join Date
    Oct 2007
    mahal msyado po yun, visit ka nalang o tawag ka sa mga casa para may idea po kayo kung magkano, then mag-canvass ka sa banawe.estimated prize ko po niyan mga 12k below kasama na labor... san area po kayo, ipagawa niyo nalang sana kay speedyfix sa mandaluyong...goodluck

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    ask around first, although I really don;t know the prices of trooper's parts, parang mahal yata...your driver is not trustworthy anymore, better find a replacement soon...

that is one of my hated traits sa mga tao, I mean employees, people who works for me..yun honesty...if they violate that, out they go...

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    it seems the problem is "clueless about mechanic"

so, replace the mechanic first

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    ^^^if it's proven that the driver is over charging her, then I say replace the driver pronto!

9. Join Date
    Oct 2007
    plus 1 to shadow and kinyo...palitan muna ang driver mo..bago mahuli ang lahat!

10. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by EGcoolmhan View Post
    plus 1 to shadow and kinyo...palitan muna ang driver mo..bago mahuli ang lahat!
    +1 din ako.. baka di naman talaga kailangang palitan ang mga parts...

Isuzu Trooper: Clueless about spare parts