New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    good day tsikoters, i have a 2002 Isuzu trooper 3.0td. I recently brought it to Isuzu davao for checkup they changed the transmision oil and they repacked its bearings. they changed oil, they also change the oil filter and so with the fuel filter, but still I am not satisfied with its poor acceleration which they where not able to sort it out, they advise me that in ordrer to have a much faster acceleration I would need to press the acclerator deeper then release it then press it again, but I was not convinced since it was not the kind of power I had experiencing before, what could went wrong? and what could be your advise. thanks, hope your advise could sort out my problems.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    What is the mileage of your Trooper? Marami na kasing reports na bumibigay na yung injection pump ng 4JX1 engine once it reaches 60-70K kms.

3. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Sir Boybi wala po injection pump ang X1 what they have is fuel pump. HEUI na kasi ang ginamit sa fuel system.

ck030459,
    Drive by wire na ang gamit ng X1, Try to check the sensors sa accelerator pedal baka loose or marumi.

4. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    its mileage is at 72,500 km. but sa long run it reached a speed of 145. yung problem nya lng talaga is acceleration and uphill climbing mabagal talaga, Isuzu Davao did not report any injection pump problems nung pinacheck namin sakanila, kaya lang yung complain ko hindi nila na solve which is poor acceleration and poor climbing ability. i really doubt whats wrong with the unit wala naman check engine.

5. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Thanks 4Jgtootsie for your advice, il take your advise, hopefully this would help solve the problem.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by ck030459 View Post
    its mileage is at 72,500 km. but sa long run it reached a speed of 145. yung problem nya lng talaga is acceleration and uphill climbing mabagal talaga, Isuzu Davao did not report any injection pump problems nung pinacheck namin sakanila, kaya lang yung complain ko hindi nila na solve which is poor acceleration and poor climbing ability. i really doubt whats wrong with the unit wala naman check engine.
    hate to be the one to break it to you, but for sure bibigay na yung injectors mo.....im sure within the year, mapapagastos ka ng malakai....mga 80,000 worth. ready na your wallet.

7. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Wag naman natin takutin better yet lets do an in depth diagnostics.
    ck030459,
    How is your oil level lately?
    Viscosity of your oil? Smell?
    Temperature?
    Exhaust odor?
    Any noticeable behaviour of the engine that was not present before?

8. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    usually at what mileage bimibigay injectors ng troopers? sabi kase ng Isuzu davao matagal pa raw around 100k+ mileage pa raw, meron ba tayong expert sa isuzu trooper 4jx1 dito sa tsikot whom we could seek for help and advise? thanks

9. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    yung temperature nung last nagoverheat siya at a long distance trip pinacheck sa Isuzu sabi raw yung radiator is marumi pina overhaul yung radiator, then luckily naging ok naman back to normal, then oil level was normal naman, kaya lang mabahu yung yusok niya, i dont know if its normal with Isuzu, and sa engine naman meron siyang nocking sound, and minsan even mataas na yung rpm wla pa ring lakas na lumalabas at 10-40km per hour.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    i had a trooper and sold it na kasi napuno na me sa kakagastos ko. the engine was superb when new but as the mileage piled on, so did the expenses to maintain the 4jx1, had my injectors done at 35,000kms, then nalaman ko bibigay na siya nun at 72,000kms, so binenta ko na ng palugi kaysa gumastos unlit ng 80,000pesos.

unang signs ay nawawala na yung hatak ng engine, then really bad smelling black smoke, tapos magugulat ka nalang na mamatay yung engine o stalling, then one day, ayaw na mag start. im not scaring you bro, im just sharing my personal experience. d aaminin ng isuzu na may defect ang engine design ng 4jx1 engine nila.

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
Isuzu Trooper 4jx1