New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    guys need help. i have 2003 xwind a/t and it doesn't engage to D, R, etc... the shifter just slides as if there's no lock so effectively unable to move it.

anu kaya possible problem neto and how to fix? kaya ba i-DIY?

thanks.

2. Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by ineedmorehp View Post
    guys need help. i have 2003 xwind a/t and it doesn't engage to D, R, etc... the shifter just slides as if there's no lock so effectively unable to move it.

thanks.

check your transmission cable shift..
    the potol na yung cable mo.

3. Join Date
    May 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by ineedmorehp View Post

thanks.
    shift lock release?

4. Join Date
    Oct 2019
    Quote Originally Posted by etgo View Post
    check your transmission cable shift..
    the potol na yung cable mo.
    sakin po ayaw kumagat sa kahit anong gear. ODoff of on so tow na sya pauwi. then nung pagbaba nya ng tow truck, start ko sya para lang gumana lang yung power steering, pagbomba ko kumagat sya so nai park ko sya ng maayos na walang ayuda ng iba. Ano po kaya nangyari sa kanya?

5. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by AmbrusFernas View Post
    I just paid off my 2002 Trooper, and am curious on your thoughts on potentially selling, trading, or keeping it. It has roughly 48k miles on, minimal cosmetic damage, and runs great.

My concern is that problems are going to start stacking up sooner than later, and i would think now is opportunity to get out from it since the mileage is so low. Is this a bad way of thinking? Do you all know of any common issues that may occur for Troopers after 50k miles?

I've had the car for about a year and a half and have put roughly 12k miles on it, so I don't drive too much. There is potentially a lot of life left, but I am paranoid that the age will catch up despite the mileage.

This is my first car I have bought so I am entirely unsure of what would be the best move. Thank you all in advanced!
    dude, we own a trooper with skyroof, basically bullet proof, even a mechanic can fix it up. only problem I can see are dirty nozzle tip and of course if you fail to replace your fluid every 6 or 10k km (fully synthetic).

for floods, just slap on a proper snorkel and your good to go..... wait the inter-cooler is a wee bit of a problem since its on the damn hood with scoop, that would definitely lock your engine if flood water gets into it.

6. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by victorevolution View Post
    ...for floods, just slap on a proper snorkel and your good to go..... wait the inter-cooler is a wee bit of a problem since its on the damn hood with scoop, that would definitely lock your engine if flood water gets into it.
    If it has a snorkel, even if the intercooler is submerged in water, it shouldn't be a problem.

Well, unless the intercooler or any of the intake plumbing has a leak...