New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    The Innova may be a better vehicle in terms of power and riding comfort but the Crosswind is built to lasts.

Your choice.

2. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    proud Sportivo owner here. Already at 110K in the odometer and didn't scratch my wallet maintenance wise eversince. Muffler lang bumigay saken pero under warranty so okay naman.

We had an XTO A/T before and yun nga lang, truth be told - the A/T sucks big time... para kang hinahanap ni San Pedro tuwing oovertake ka. SERIOUSLY. hehe, just doesn't have enough juice to push the vehicle. Kaya nung binenta for a newer model (Sportivo M/T), hay, laking ginhawa.

Honestly kahit matanda na yung amin ang sarap pa rin imaneho.. malubak ka man, wala lang (samantalang sa iba ramdam mo e), mabigat man kargada, tipid pa rin sa gas. Yakang-yaka humatak actually and seriously have no complaints. Di ko naman pinangkakarera so no sense of complaining about 0-60 speeds or what. Highly contented owner here and so far so good.

3. Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by PATSYS50 View Post
    Guys,

My bro is recommending Toyota Innova 2.5L over Sportivo. The advantages he is citing is:

1. Toyota service is better (spare parts always available)
    2. Innova diesel engine is quieter
    3. Innova has airbags (is it possible to install airbags in sportivo?)
    4. Innova has better maneuverability

Any comments to above?

Thanks
    Toyota Innova is years ahead of the Sportivo (released 2001!) the ride is much better and the engine has more power compared to the Sportivo...
    About the Toyota diesel issues, few of my friends who have D4D engines on all the different models affected did not encounter any choking or black smoke issues...

4. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by sm2by View Post
    Toyota Innova is years ahead of the Sportivo (released 2001!) the ride is much better and the engine has more power compared to the Sportivo...
    About the Toyota diesel issues, few of my friends who have D4D engines on all the different models affected did not encounter any choking or black smoke issues...
    Which is that you're referring, the Innova or the Sportivo. Either way both were released much later, Sportivo in 2005 and Innova (I believe) in 2004.

5. Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Mga sirs,

Bago lang po ako, I'm planning to buy a 2nd Hand '06 Sportivo since may nairecommend sa akin ang friend ko, ano po ba mga pros & cons with such type of vehicle as compared to other isuzu crosswind variants? W/regards po sa sportivo, ano po pagkakaiba or upgrades with the younger versions of sportivo?
    Thanks in advance...

6. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    [QUOTE=Chesca2;1450691][quote]

Bago lang po ako, I'm planning to buy a 2nd Hand '06 Sportivo since may nairecommend sa akin ang friend ko, ano po ba mga pros & cons with such type of vehicle as compared to other isuzu crosswind variants? - Check this specification sheet:

W/regards po sa sportivo, ano po pagkakaiba or upgrades with the younger versions of sportivo? - Mainly the projector headlamps, alloy wheel and colors only..... Oh yes, the price too. Hehehe!

Good luck on your search!

7. Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Thanks a lot sir Benz...
    Another thing po, ano mga suggestions or tips can you give regarding on looking for a second hand car, like what to look sa engine, sa body, sa interior since wala ako kasamang mechanic, magbyabyahe pa ako from naga to quezon province area just to see the unit, para di naman masayang ang byahe ko... is it advisable na kumuha ng mechanic sa area even di ko kakilala? Baka nxt week kasi puntahan ko ang unit, kung ok baka dalhin ko na sa naga, den do maintenance check up na rin- pachange oil, check ng mga possible leaks, etc...

8. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    kumuha ng mechanic na di kilala ? well, kung mukhang kapanipaniwala naman yung mechanic then, okay lang. pero best pa din kung kilala mo.

9. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by batang_raon14 View Post
    proud Sportivo owner here. Already at 110K in the odometer and didn't scratch my wallet maintenance wise eversince. Muffler lang bumigay saken pero under warranty so okay naman.

We had an XTO A/T before and yun nga lang, truth be told - the A/T sucks big time... para kang hinahanap ni San Pedro tuwing oovertake ka. SERIOUSLY. hehe, just doesn't have enough juice to push the vehicle. Kaya nung binenta for a newer model (Sportivo M/T), hay, laking ginhawa.

Honestly kahit matanda na yung amin ang sarap pa rin imaneho.. malubak ka man, wala lang (samantalang sa iba ramdam mo e), mabigat man kargada, tipid pa rin sa gas. Yakang-yaka humatak actually and seriously have no complaints. Di ko naman pinangkakarera so no sense of complaining about 0-60 speeds or what. Highly contented owner here and so far so good.
    sa mga nakapagmaneho ng MT turbo, malaki ba pagbabago kesa wala? meron akong MT sportivo noon no turbo, maliksi hanggang 80kph; beyond that kupad na.

10. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    *QStart: maliksi naman hanggang 120 ang walang turbo... pero kupad na pagkatapos nun, ang hirap na pataasin. Hehe pero ayos lang, unless Biyernes santo di naman makakaabot ng ganung tulin sa metro. lol

ADD: adjusting the brake throttle dial helps btw. Just my .02
    Last edited by batang_raon14; April 9th, 2010 at 12:07 AM.

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
isuzu sportivo