New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Hello sa lahat,

I have been reading a lot of good things about sportivo.

But there is another thread that says DMAX is better kasi bago raw yung makina, unlike Sportivo which is 4JA1 (according to 1 poster, 50 years old technology na raw yun). How big a factor is this?

Me and family (wife and 1 kid) will be living within metro manila when I go back to Manila this end May. Mainly I use the car for everyday going to the office in Makati, but there maybe occassional going to batangas or baguio, to visit families and also during holidays.

Do you guys recommend I get the 2010 Sportivo over Dmax? And if so, is is better to go for A/T or M/T?

Thanks

2. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by PATSYS50 View Post
    Hello sa lahat,

I have been reading a lot of good things about sportivo.

But there is another thread that says DMAX is better kasi bago raw yung makina, unlike Sportivo which is 4JA1 (according to 1 poster, 50 years old technology na raw yun). How big a factor is this?

Me and family (wife and 1 kid) will be living within metro manila when I go back to Manila this end May. Mainly I use the car for everyday going to the office in Makati, but there maybe occassional going to batangas or baguio, to visit families and also during holidays.

Do you guys recommend I get the 2010 Sportivo over Dmax? And if so, is is better to go for A/T or M/T?

Thanks
    [SIZE="4"]
    Welcome!!![/SIZE]

It's like comparing apples and oranges, my friend. No question, the D-Max is equipped with the newer (actually newest) ISUZU engine (4JJ1-TC) with a 3.0L; 146hp vs. a Sportivo's 2.5L; 4JA1's 85hp(?) --- langit at lupa! So definitely, the D-Max would make the Sportivo eat dust...... literally.

In terms of fuel efficiency, I would still put my money on the Sportivo.... but that's quite obvious due to the huge disparity of engine displacement.

Another is it's usage. The Sportivo can load up to 7-pax vs. a D-Max 5-pax. Sportivo would also win in terms of riding comfort.

I guess you'll just have to decide based on these givens.... whichever you prioritize the most.

Eitherway, you can never go wrong for both are ISUZU vehicles!!!

Good luck!

3. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by Benzmizer View Post
    [SIZE=4]Welcome!!![/SIZE]

It's like comparing apples and oranges, my friend. No question, the D-Max is equipped with the newer (actually newest) ISUZU engine (4JJ1-TC) with a 3.0L; 146hp vs. a Sportivo's 2.5L; 4JA1's 85hp(?) --- langit at lupa! So definitely, the D-Max would make the Sportivo eat dust...... literally.

In terms of fuel efficiency, I would still put my money on the Sportivo.... but that's quite obvious due to the huge disparity of engine displacement.

Another is it's usage. The Sportivo can load up to 7-pax vs. a D-Max 5-pax. Sportivo would also win in terms of riding comfort.

I guess you'll just have to decide based on these givens.... whichever you prioritize the most.

Eitherway, you can never go wrong for both are ISUZU vehicles!!!

Good luck!
    Hi Benzmizer,

Good stuff! Thank you for the insights...I am now 90% sold on buying the 2010 Sportivo

The only question now is if I should go for the A/T or M/T.

4. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by PATSYS50 View Post
    Hi Benzmizer,

Good stuff! Thank you for the insights...I am now 90% sold on buying the 2010 Sportivo

The only question now is if I should go for the A/T or M/T.
    Facts: Driving an AT can comfortably allow you to eat food while driving ( ) while it'll be a challenge to do this on a MT.

On the other hand, you can have better "control" of the vehicle with an MT -- particularly during overtaking/uphill drives specially with full load. With a 2.5L engine, it'll be a challenge to do these using an AT.

Ball in your court.

5. Join Date
    Sep 2009
    The problem with the Isuzu Crosswind/Sportivo its not a safe vehicle.......

No ABS or EBD
    No Airbags
    No Safety Cage Structure
    No Side Impact Beams
    No Seat Belt Pretensioners
    Back seats only have lap belts
    Third Row Seats have no Headrests....

I wouldn't put my Family in this car.
    Sorry, if I offend some of you guys its because you would buy an unsafe car?
    There are other vehicles that are much safer and as reliable just avoid this one....
    SAFETY FIRST!!!

6. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    According to this:

http://ph.88db.com/Automotive/Vehicl...ale/ad-477173/

It has side impact beams..

But I am surprised that the Sportivo does not have airbags...

7. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Bro you forgot to include one of the safety features of the sportivo. Its ladder frame chassis. If a car rams the sportivo or any AUV from the back I'm pretty sure that the car will have damage to its grill, radiator, engine propeller and hood. While the sportivo/AUV will be damaged up to its stepboard at the back only(based on my actual experince) and all the people inside are quite safe. Now which one is safer?

Also in a wet dark road I rammed a small rock around 1 1/2 feet big (which shoved off around 10meters off), the only damage sustained by my isuzu auv was a smiling bumper. And I was able to take my auv home without limping. How safe is that? Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by sm2by View Post
    The problem with the Isuzu Crosswind/Sportivo its not a safe vehicle.......

No ABS or EBD
    No Airbags
    No Safety Cage Structure
    No Side Impact Beams
    No Seat Belt Pretensioners
    Back seats only have lap belts
    Third Row Seats have no Headrests....

I wouldn't put my Family in this car.
    Sorry, if I offend some of you guys its because you would buy an unsafe car?
    There are other vehicles that are much safer and as reliable just avoid this one....
    SAFETY FIRST!!!

8. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by blue_gambit View Post
    Bro you forgot to include one of the safety features of the sportivo. Its ladder frame chassis. If a car rams the sportivo or any AUV from the back I'm pretty sure that the car will have damage to its grill, radiator, engine propeller and hood. While the sportivo/AUV will be damaged up to its stepboard at the back only(based on my actual experince) and all the people inside are quite safe. Now which one is safer?

Also in a wet dark road I rammed a small rock around 1 1/2 feet big (which shoved off around 10meters off), the only damage sustained by my isuzu auv was a smiling bumper. And I was able to take my auv home without limping. How safe is that? Cheers
    +1 to this. Yes, the Sportivo does not have Airbags, ABS and 3-pt ELR 2nd and 3rd row seatbelts but sm2by is mistaken on the 3rd row without headrest (which is not actually a safety but a convenience feature) and side impact beams. (refer to photos below) He failed to mention other STANDARD Sportivo safety features such as the child proof lock, back up sensors and back up camera (a feature which I can bet my money its contemporaries don't have).

(pics of side impact beam and child proof lock scanned for a 2001 XTO brochure)

Oh well, I guess that's HIS personal opinion..... nuff said.
    Last edited by Benzmizer; March 31st, 2010 at 09:25 AM.

9. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Guys,

My bro is recommending Toyota Innova 2.5L over Sportivo. The advantages he is citing is:

1. Toyota service is better (spare parts always available)
    2. Innova diesel engine is quieter
    3. Innova has airbags (is it possible to install airbags in sportivo?)
    4. Innova has better maneuverability

Any comments to above?

Thanks

10. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    My bro is recommending Toyota Innova 2.5L over Sportivo. The advantages he is citing is:

1. Toyota service is better (spare parts always available) - depends on what parts are involved. ISUZU maintenance parts should not be a problem too.
    2. Innova diesel engine is quieter - true.... because it's using timing belt while Crosswind/Sportivo (I believe) uses timing gears. Timing gears=noisier than belt BUT should last much, much longer than belts (that requires changing every 70k kilometers)... ergo, maybe "noisier but durable.
    3. Innova has airbags (is it possible to install airbags in sportivo?) - Can be but I know would require major work for ISUZU Phils. But always remember, the best safety feature for a car's occupants are the SEATBELTS. An airbag deflating upon impact with the driver/passenger not on seatbealts can be fatal --- that may even cause the driver/passengers' death. [SIZE="4"]BUCKLE UP![/SIZE]
    4. Innova has better maneuverability - Are you referring to turning radius? The Crosswind/Sportivo should be better.

In closing, the Innova and the Sportivo has its + and -. You must identify first what is it in your next brand new vehicle you prioritize. Having doing so, choosing a vehicle would be a walk in the park.

Good luck!

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
isuzu sportivo