New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    I just bought a 2008 Isuzu Sportivo and noticed that when A/C is on wala siyang hatak. Palayado at sobrang maitim na usok ang buga ng tambutso if A/C is on.

Before I bought the car the previous owner informed me of a work done with the car just a month before. When A/C was on idle/RPM was high like in the 2k range. But when turned off everything was normal. Now when A/C is on RPM on idle is about 800RPM pero wala siyang hatak.

Problem is I lost the number of the seller and is not able to ask the shops name where the car was previously repaired. Now I'm at a lost whether to bring it to a regular talyer of an A/C shop. Casa is out of the question as they charge exorbitant fees and parts.

I need your input guys as to the name of a reputable shop to have my ride repaired. Thanks in advance!

2. Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by ron_diaz30 View Post
    I just bought a 2008 Isuzu Sportivo and noticed that when A/C is on wala siyang hatak. Palayado at sobrang maitim na usok ang buga ng tambutso if A/C is on.

Before I bought the car the previous owner informed me of a work done with the car just a month before. When A/C was on idle/RPM was high like in the 2k range. But when turned off everything was normal. Now when A/C is on RPM on idle is about 800RPM pero wala siyang hatak.

Problem is I lost the number of the seller and is not able to ask the shops name where the car was previously repaired. Now I'm at a lost whether to bring it to a regular talyer of an A/C shop. Casa is out of the question as they charge exorbitant fees and parts.

I need your input guys as to the name of a reputable shop to have my ride repaired. Thanks in advance!

Ano daw po ba ang pinapagawa ng previous owner? dpo ba nyo ni road test yan yan bago nyo bibili?

3. Join Date
    Sep 2009
    same here.
    di niyo muna niroad test at di ka rin nagdala ng mekaniko?
    ano na odo reading niyan?
    kung baguhan ka sa crosswind, maitim talaga usok nito pero depende sa itim. natanong ko na rin dito yung sa a/c. pag mataas yung psi ng freon, hihina talaga hatak niyan pero madali lang yan. sana naitanong mo rin kung kelan huling change oil ng crosswind mo baka ang tagal ng nakababad sa maruming langis pati oil filter at air filter mo baka marumi at barado na rin. para sa peace of mind at total of 2k na gastos lang naman, palitan mo na muna lahat niyan at sa mekaniko. dito kasi ako sa lourdes retiro q.c. nag papa butingting.

dagdag ko lang pala. huwag kang magalala kung magkaron man ng problema crosswind mo. napaka daling matunton at kumpunihin ang problema ng 4ja1 (kung may masisira dahil sa kapabayaan). kahit sinong mekaniko kahit san ka mapunta, alam ang makina na 4ja1. di yan tulad ng mga CRDI na kumplekado pa sa mga taga probinsiya.
    Last edited by holdencaulfield; June 8th, 2013 at 02:28 PM.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by ron_diaz30 View Post

most probably sa compressor bearing baka matigas na.
    try to bring it at Ceejays.

5. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Guys update ko lng ang thread because of a weird thing that happened sa ride ko.

- On this thread I reported na following problems encountered with the Sportivo AT:
    1. Walang hatak.
    2. Mausok masyado sa arangkada.
    3. Hirap masyado if aircon is on.
    - Based from my hunch the culprit is the aircon until I noticed na even if aircon if off the same lng din ang problems.
    - That is until last Sunday napansin ko na biglang gumanda ang takbo nya.
    - Nagkaroon na ng hatak sa arangkada and pag naka bwelo na mas tumulin.
    - Nawala ang sobrang usok.
    - Makina sounds smooth.
    - Based from my observation sa arangkada there is a gear change na at 1.5k RPM and another at 2KRPM.
    - Before as if naka primera lng siya until 2K RPM running at 60KPH.
    - So na realize ko na transmission ang problema ko dati specifically shifting.
    - Dati my ride will not shift at 2k RPM running at 60KPH kaya mausok and walang hatak.
    - My concern now is baka biglang bumalik sa dati kc wala naman akong ginawa to fix it tinakbo ko lng.
    - Any reconmendations for a good AT transamision shop?

6. Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Palitan mo muna lahat ng filters mo ng oem lalo na fuel filter.