New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Isuzu Philippines' digital Fuel Calculator helps you prep for your trip

Whether you're traveling on the road for business or pleasure, one major factor you always have to consider is fuel cost. Though it shouldn't be that difficult to estimate how much will be spent on the pump, it definitely takes a lot experience to get the numbers spot on. Thankfully, the country's diesel expert Isuzu Philippines Corp. (IPC) created an online digital Fuel Calculator to help you punch the numbers for your road trip.

CLICK FOR MORE: Isuzu Philippines' digital Fuel Calculator helps you prep for your trip
    source; Kotse.com

2. Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Tried this just before going out of town with the whole family and it helped me estimate the distance to our destination with a little difference on the fuel consumption.

3. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    i'm not sure if it's accurate..

i noticed a huge discrepancy in comparing to the real world scenario.

4. Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by duramax_994 View Post
    i'm not sure if it's accurate..

i noticed a huge discrepancy in comparing to the real world scenario.

Hi sir, it doesn't have to really be spot-on accurate. That fuel calculator provides only "indicative" fuel consumption over a distance that you'd be travelling.

Moreover, even if that fuel calculator takes into account the 3-D (or topographic) features of the land (changes in x, y, z where z accounts to any changes in elevation along the distance you'd be travelling) there will still be some few discrepancies between distances reckoned from satellite imaging compared to ground survey. Barometric and temperature changes are also factors to take into account.

That's why, it's always better to top-up a bit more after getting the indicative fuel that you'd most likely be consuming for the route.

Cheers!

Isuzu Philippines' digital Fuel Calculator helps you prep for your trip