New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Hi guys,

Any of you who has the originally installed isuzu navi system having problems with getting signal?

I am not sure when it began but during the first year I bought my Alterra, navi signal is good and almost everywhere.

Now when I use it, it mostly has 0 signal strength. There are very occssional times it gets signal, one was when I was in san miguel ave in ortigas center but that was quite inconsistent (I tried passing that route again but now no signal).

My chip is updated with laetst from iNavi.

Is there anything I can do to boost the signal of my Isuzu navi system?

Thanks in advance.

2. Join Date
    Jan 2011
    I had that very same problem on my 2011 Alterra a few months ago.

On the top of the dashboard there is a "receiving" unit for signal reception.

The inav technie who met me at my dealer believed it to be faulty and proceeded to replace it. As he removed the bezels from the dashboard to access the head unit, he realized that the lead (jack) from the receptor on top of the dashboard to the head unit had worked loose and was not fully seated.

He replaced it (the receptor and lead) in any event, maybe because I was there chatting with him. At my suggestion, he relocated the top dash unit to the passenger side rather than the middle of the dash. It has worked fine ever since.

During very cloudy or dark skies, the signal is not as strong as very clear sky days for reception as evidenced by the signal strength meter at the bottom right of the map. I think this is probably normal as my previous vehicle had this reception problem in "bad" weather.

Ciao!

Uncle Nick

3. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Nick View Post
    I had that very same problem on my 2011 Alterra a few months ago.

On the top of the dashboard there is a "receiving" unit for signal reception.

The inav technie who met me at my dealer believed it to be faulty and proceeded to replace it. As he removed the bezels from the dashboard to access the head unit, he realized that the lead (jack) from the receptor on top of the dashboard to the head unit had worked loose and was not fully seated.

He replaced it (the receptor and lead) in any event, maybe because I was there chatting with him. At my suggestion, he relocated the top dash unit to the passenger side rather than the middle of the dash. It has worked fine ever since.

During very cloudy or dark skies, the signal is not as strong as very clear sky days for reception as evidenced by the signal strength meter at the bottom right of the map. I think this is probably normal as my previous vehicle had this reception problem in "bad" weather.

Ciao!

Uncle Nick
    Thanks Uncle Nick - will setup appointment with Inav techie from Winterpine through my dealer.

4. Join Date
    May 2005
    had my receiver replaced several times to no avail. blame it on my 3m magic tint that is heavy metal so to speak. i had to buy a re radiating signal booster to make the signal ranging from 9-11. cost me 2500 to get it going again.

5. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by fireblade View Post
    had my receiver replaced several times to no avail. blame it on my 3m magic tint that is heavy metal so to speak. i had to buy a re radiating signal booster to make the signal ranging from 9-11. cost me 2500 to get it going again.
    Hi fireblade,

Where did you buy this and is the installation DIY?

Thanks

6. Join Date
    May 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by PATSYS View Post
    Hi fireblade,

Thanks

saw the ads in sulit and installation is easy.

hth.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by PATSYS View Post
    Hi fireblade,

Thanks

saw the ads in sulit and installation is easy.

hth.

Isuzu oem navi system signal problem