New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    mga bossing, gusto ko sanang e lift ang MU, anong maganda e lift? body or chassis? for about 3 inch semi offroad lang po,ang.at kung alin ang puedi e lift san po maka2bili nang mga available accessories.thx,.

2. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Sir, anong ride mo; Alterra (Phil model) or MU (Thai model)?

3. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    sir, hindi pa po ako cgurado sa ride ko kon thai model ba 'to, kc bago bili ko lang ,,. anong mga idintical??
    clue; ito po;y galing subic, mu model 1992, from right handed to LHD., thanks and regards.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    si tebats ang makakatulong sa Isuzu MU mo
    he also owns an Isuzu MU (mysterious utility)... pero kung ako lang, I think the MU already looks ok with OEM suspensions. kelangan mo lang yung foglights sa harap para mukhang astig. the MU looks like the Nissan Terrano of old...

5. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Hahahahhaaa! Yun ba talaga meaning nung MU?
    Buti na lang pala pinalitan ng Isuzuphil yung pangalan, otherwise magMU-MUta na naman sa kakatawa ang ibang tsikoteers na galit sa Alterra.Heehehhee
    No offense po sir topgone.

6. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    ayush sa hirit!! hehehe.. peace tyo ah

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    you can lift the MU via shackle lift sa rear and cranking of torsion bars sa front. but you can do this only up to about 1.5-2" lift. after that, ride becomes harsh and you'll have a hard time with the front wheel alignment

you can easily fit 32x11.5xr15 tires when you lift it by 1.5". but if you want to put 33 tires, you need to trim your fender near the door. that is the only area prone to rubbing with the tires

MU=Mysterious Utility. very good power to weight ratio. very roomy interior.

if you want lift kits, 199 offroad house has a calmini 2" lift kit ata. it costs around 60k ata before when i asked them. this kit includes a-arms, torsion bars, shackles, bolts, bushings and other parts.

japan model yan, and most probably, 4jb1 engine mo. 2.8L turbo charged diesel.

if you have any questions regarding the MU, just PM me, i'll be more than happy to help. sadly, i already sold my MU. but i still got lots of documents, including e-books of repair manuals and other documents which are very interesting

8. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    sa mga tsikooteers na may mu, ok lang ba tanggalin yung turbo assembly tomake the engine naturally aspirated? may problema kasi yung turbo sa mu namin, such that kung nasa 80kph ka na, biglang uusok ang tambutso, parang nasusunog ang langis galing lubrication nito?

isuzu mu