New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 30 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by crazy_boy View Post
    or sinasabi ng ahente na NHR is not "elf" para tumaas value kasi hindi surplus/converted unit.
    the "ahente" i'm referring to is mondragon

he sounds like an ahente

2. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    the platform is pretty much like the jeepneys on our streets now. the only 2 things i find not too attractive are the front drums and the underpowered 2.8ltr engine. but i bet the ladder chasis and the i-beam suspension will last a long long time.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Try riding and driving one and tell me if the i-beam suspension is still attractive after 3 hours on the road. hehehe.

They're pretty good in theory (that they're robust and all), but somehow my back is still complaining. No one will load 2000kgs on the front suspension of that thing, why not give it a better suspension like the JDM IFS set up?

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

Quote Originally Posted by mondragon View Post
    Drum Type, Hydraulic Dual Circuit with Vacuum Assist, Front Two leading, Rear Dual Leading- yan nga pala kahit sa flexi truck... cgro iniiwasan nila ung sudden stop... i-van lng kc ung truck based.. kya cgro ganun.... kc sa mga auv,d-max,alterra-drum front, discs rear.. hehe
    Nice mentality ISUZU! Di bale nang sobrang haba ng braking distance and sumalpok sa mga nasa unahan basta wag lang mag "sudden stop".

Bravo!

5. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    kaya you can only sell an all-brake drum truck in a country like the Phils.

Quote Originally Posted by uls View Post
    kaya you can only sell an all-brake drum truck in a country like the Phils.
    Actually it's not so unusual. Even in some rich countries such as many Arab oil-exporting countries drum brakes are still an usual feature. Not to talk about Brazil, South Africa, Mexico and many other under-devepolment countries where drum brakes are still more usual than disc brakes in trucks...
    Last edited by cripple_rooster; February 21st, 2012 at 06:01 PM.

7. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    mechanically mas malakas ang DRUM brakes... pero prone to LOCK... while disc brakes on that size will need Dual Piston Setup (costly) to provide that same power.. kaya maganda sa front ang disc brakes for better control.. kung hindi naman super bigat ng kargada dapat disc brakes na lalo kung for passenger use..

noong unang panahon na hindi pa uso ang brake with vacuum assist, lahat naka drum brakes for more braking power

The problem with drum brakes is that they're more prone to get faded from overheating.

9. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Actually it's not so unusual. Even in some rich countries such as many Arab oil-exporting countries drum brakes are still an usual feature. Not to talk about Brazil, South Africa, Mexico and many other under-devepolment countries where drum brakes are still more usual than disc brakes in trucks...
    i know most big trucks use drum brakes. we service customers' 10 wheeler cargo trucks here

but our customers' small trucks have front disc brakes

Not just in the big trucks, 4-wheel drum brakes are still usual in Brazilian-made trucks and buses at all, and Brazil exports trucks and buses to many countries in the LAAM (Latin America, Africa and Middle East). 4-wheel disc brakes in small trucks are getting an increased market share because Volkswagen and Mercedes-Benz are now using it, while Ford still uses 4-wheel drum brakes in the Cargo and front disc brakes in the F350 and F550 (badged as F4000 in Brazil, Argentina and Chile). However, ABS turned into a popular feature in long-distance and touristic buses, even when fitted with all-wheel drum brakes...

Page 5 of 30 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast
Isuzu I-Van Test Drive Report