New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Hi, im planning to buy a hilander, i want to know what's the difference among the SL, SLX, XTrM trims? Also when was the Hilander first introduced and when did it stop production? (replaced by Crosswind) The Hilander seems to be a proven albeit rather old workhorse, we're basically gonna use it for transport (food biz) and occassional family outings. Do you think it can still survive for another 10 years? thanks tsikot!

2. Join Date
    May 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by poorprince View Post
    Hi, im planning to buy a hilander, i want to know what's the difference among the SL, SLX, XTrM trims? Also when was the Hilander first introduced and when did it stop production? (replaced by Crosswind) The Hilander seems to be a proven albeit rather old workhorse, we're basically gonna use it for transport (food biz) and occassional family outings. Do you think it can still survive for another 10 years? thanks tsikot!
    get the first gen crosswind or Revo or Adventure na lang bro maliit ang front wheel bearing ng Hilander laging nababasag actually malayong mas malaki pa ang wheel bearing ng Tamaraw FX yun din rason kung bakit ko binenta yung Hilander ko. tumatakbo ako ng 80-90kph bigla na lang tumabingi yung gulong buti na lang hindi natanggal kasama ko pang pamilya ko.

3. Join Date
    Jan 2014
    SL is is the base var. with steel rim
    SLX with alloy wheels and foglights
    XTRM bigger alloys and muscular all power
    Magkano ba budget mo sir
    kung Isuzu naman Crosswind nalang

4. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    thanks for the input sir(s)!
    the small front bearing danger is scary - is it an inherent problem on all hilanders?
    im on a limited budget.. 200k-250k for now, hoping to get a good AUV within that range.

5. Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by Syuryuken View Post
    get the first gen crosswind or Revo or Adventure na lang bro maliit ang front wheel bearing ng Hilander laging nababasag actually malayong mas malaki pa ang wheel bearing ng Tamaraw FX yun din rason kung bakit ko binenta yung Hilander ko. tumatakbo ako ng 80-90kph bigla na lang tumabingi yung gulong buti na lang hindi natanggal kasama ko pang pamilya ko.
    Tama nagkaron ako ng sl at slx at lagi problema yan. May instance din mismong hub sa harap nabasag. Sakit ng highlander yan.

- Most women don't really want to hear men's opinion. They only want to hear their own opinion in a deeper voice when they talk to men.

6. Join Date
    May 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by crosswind View Post
    SL is is the base var. with steel rim
    SLX with alloy wheels and foglights
    XTRM bigger alloys and muscular all power
    Magkano ba budget mo sir
    kung Isuzu naman Crosswind nalang
    nope apat lahat STANDARD, SL, SLX, XTRM

7. Join Date
    May 2006
    erase mo na ang Hilander sa listahan mo bro isipin mo na lang kasama mo ang pamilya mo. sa budget mo naman may makukuha ka ng maganda-gandang Revo o kaya Adventure.

8. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Better to get a diesel Revo or Adventure. Aside from the bearing problem, the other two are also more modern in terms of design and less susceptible to smoke belching.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

9. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Thanks for the tips mga experts. Great Resource here! always wanted a Revo, but the diesel variants seem to be expensive and difficult to find. Gasoline Revos are gas guzzlers daw... mas ok ba ang 1st gen Mitsu Adventure Diesel versus the hilander? thanks!

10. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    I would much prefer the Adventure over the Hilander. Interior is a lot more modern, and I find it the most quiet among the three. The Adventure is geared more for high speed and so has the highest top speed among the three, with many owners having reached 150km/h. This also means that it would be reduced to crawling on the slopes, where the Hilander's low gearing would have the advantage. The Revo is kinda like a compromise between the two.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast