New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 261 FirstFirst 1234561252102 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by khayman View Post
    Hello again guys. I have some inquiries again...

1. I'm used to seeing our driver warm up our sedan in the morning. Then he turns it off and inspect the oil level. I was told that it should be done the other way around? Tama ba? Inspect the oil level first before warming up the engine? Both for diesel and gas vehicles?

2. Our Dmax is now about a month old. Just changed oil for its first 1,500 kms. The display says that its ave. fuel consumption is about 12.5 kms/liter. Is this good enough? Will it become better as the Dmax register more kilometers?

3. I have already made mistakes and there are some scratches in my pick up, how do i get them removed? Dapat ba sa Isuzu mismo or I can go somewhere else?

Thanks for any help
    For your 1st question, based from what I've been taught, the proper way to check your engine oil is to check it before you start your engine since it hasn't circulated yet so the level reading is more accurate as compared to after you've turned off the engine. As for checking it after turning off the engine, I have seen my mechanic done this at times too but he waits for a minute prior to checking. But for me, I check my oil level before I start my engine with both my diesel and gas fed cars.

On your 2nd question, I already forgot my fuel consumption reading on my Dmax since it's almost 2 years old already in August. But the most that I got when it was new was more than 1000 kms in one full tank. But my speed was limited to 80 to 100 kph only. I haven't attained it ever since. Mine is averaging 11 to 12 liters/km. I am not really particular with fuel consumption but from time to time that I check it when I refuel, I am getting 650 to 700 kms in one full tank. Will it get better, of course, it depends on how heavy is your right foot. The engine power is really tempting and once it hits you, you just wanna hit the pedal to the metal.hehe

A one month old car with few scratches is really heart wrenching. For me, I have learned to live with it. As a matter of fact, it is in line for repair coz my right side back bumper got damaged, thanks to the Mitsubishi Delica driver who was tailgating. I've tried the Turtle Wax scratch remover before to remove some scratches in its early days, but you really, really need to put your best effort to wipe it vigorously. Yes, the scratch got removed coz it was only superficial, but if it's deep, I think the only way is to repaint. Now, as it age, never mind considering mine has a Tornade Red color so the scratches and stone chips are visible. Try the Turtle Wax, maybe it will work on yours.

2. Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by kotse.com View Post
    [SIZE=3]PROBLEMS: DMAX Automatic << I need advise[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=3]Hello, I have a 3 month old DMAX Automatic and I have several concerns. Kindly provide your advice.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=3]Heating Transmission board[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=3]Inconsistently but most often, the section where there letters/number is located is heating (or hot), appx 60 degrees Celsius. During my first PMS, they checked it and found no problem. The transmission oil was replaced but the same problem. Is this natural? Any guess why is this happening?[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=3]Not sure if this is related to the problem but it seems whenever the Horse Power is low (see more details in the next section) and the traffic is congested, that is the time were the heating occurs.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=3]Inconsistent Horse Power (HP)[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=3]I can feel the HP of my car goes up and down; I use the INST mode in the dashboard for monitoring the instantaneous fuel consumption as my basis for HP monitoring. During initial acceleration or slow driving, if the HP is high, typically the value does not go down to 4.0 Km/L. But if the HP is low, sometimes the values go as low as 1.8 Km/L. What on earth is going on!? I even tend to believe that using a SCALAR energy magnet in the engine will balance the supernatural energies that can enhance the HP..Toink!… [/SIZE]
    [SIZE=3]My friend told me that the horse power is affected by the weather condition, air temperature affects burning of fuel. I agree since hot air has less oxygen available on per cubic measurement, but should it really affect the HP? [/SIZE]
    [SIZE=3]Furthermore, another guess I have is that the transmission oil viscosity lowers down during hot temperature. Thus, the torque converter efficiency in transferring the force from engine to the wheels lowers down. But if this is happing only to my unit then temperature issue shouldn’t affect the HP and ability to shift rapidly. [/SIZE]
    [SIZE=3]Can anyone please provide insights?[/SIZE]

[SIZE=3]Poor Fuel Consumption[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=3]After all the research and study with regard to fuel efficient driving style, I only got 6.5 km/L (90% City traffic driving )up to 8.3 km/L (70 % City traffic driving). I typically pass traffic congested area, from Global City to Pasig and vice versa, kindly “feel” the level of the congestion during rush hour. DMAX should be better than this right?[/SIZE]

[SIZE=3]Better Diesel provider[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=3]I usually use Caltex Diesel; it gives me better HP compare to other providers. Better HP gives me better fuel consumption because it makes gear shifting faster. BUT!!! I realize when I do full tank; the color of the fuel is white due high amount of air present on it. The Fuel Crew needs to wait for few seconds for the fuel to shrink so he could add more fuel and have to repeat for four times. Is this normal!? How about other fuel providers? [/SIZE]
    [SIZE=3]Another car geek friend of mine told me “Mahangin talaga Caltex Fuels” [/SIZE]

[SIZE=3]Misaligned Bed[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=3]My DMAX bed is not in a correct shape, the left side is lower than the right side around 1 to 2 cm. It is noticeable unfortunately. I consulted the warranty representative and he hasn’t got back to me with the answer on how the problem will be addressed since they don’t cater such repair in their shop, any advice? [/SIZE]

Bago pa lang kc DMax mo kaya tutok na tutok pansin mo jan unit mo. Ganyan naman tayo lahat masyado namumuroblema at di malaman kung pano gagawin sa DMax natin kapag bago he he he. Anyway about jan sa fuel consumption mo...ngayon lang ako nakarinig ng complain about sa fuel consumption ng DMax...pakiwari ko nagkakamali ka lang, baka imbes na km/L eh ang naka-set sayo eh L/100km. Try to check it, sure ako baka baligtad. Wag mag-alala sa DMax mo guarantisado yan. Ihataw mo ng ihataw ang makina habang my warranty nang masubukan mo galing ng DMAx!

3. Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by kotse.com View Post
    [SIZE=3]PROBLEMS: DMAX Automatic << I need advise[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=3]Hello, I have a 3 month old DMAX Automatic and I have several concerns. Kindly provide your advice.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=3]Heating Transmission board[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=3]Inconsistently but most often, the section where there letters/number is located is heating (or hot), appx 60 degrees Celsius. During my first PMS, they checked it and found no problem. The transmission oil was replaced but the same problem. Is this natural? Any guess why is this happening?[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=3]Not sure if this is related to the problem but it seems whenever the Horse Power is low (see more details in the next section) and the traffic is congested, that is the time were the heating occurs.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=3]Inconsistent Horse Power (HP)[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=3]I can feel the HP of my car goes up and down; I use the INST mode in the dashboard for monitoring the instantaneous fuel consumption as my basis for HP monitoring. During initial acceleration or slow driving, if the HP is high, typically the value does not go down to 4.0 Km/L. But if the HP is low, sometimes the values go as low as 1.8 Km/L. What on earth is going on!? I even tend to believe that using a SCALAR energy magnet in the engine will balance the supernatural energies that can enhance the HP..Toink!… [/SIZE]
    [SIZE=3]My friend told me that the horse power is affected by the weather condition, air temperature affects burning of fuel. I agree since hot air has less oxygen available on per cubic measurement, but should it really affect the HP? [/SIZE]
    [SIZE=3]Furthermore, another guess I have is that the transmission oil viscosity lowers down during hot temperature. Thus, the torque converter efficiency in transferring the force from engine to the wheels lowers down. But if this is happing only to my unit then temperature issue shouldn’t affect the HP and ability to shift rapidly. [/SIZE]
    [SIZE=3]Can anyone please provide insights?[/SIZE]

[SIZE=3]Poor Fuel Consumption[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=3]After all the research and study with regard to fuel efficient driving style, I only got 6.5 km/L (90% City traffic driving )up to 8.3 km/L (70 % City traffic driving). I typically pass traffic congested area, from Global City to Pasig and vice versa, kindly “feel” the level of the congestion during rush hour. DMAX should be better than this right?[/SIZE]

[SIZE=3]Better Diesel provider[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=3]I usually use Caltex Diesel; it gives me better HP compare to other providers. Better HP gives me better fuel consumption because it makes gear shifting faster. BUT!!! I realize when I do full tank; the color of the fuel is white due high amount of air present on it. The Fuel Crew needs to wait for few seconds for the fuel to shrink so he could add more fuel and have to repeat for four times. Is this normal!? How about other fuel providers? [/SIZE]
    [SIZE=3]Another car geek friend of mine told me “Mahangin talaga Caltex Fuels” [/SIZE]

[SIZE=3]Misaligned Bed[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=3]My DMAX bed is not in a correct shape, the left side is lower than the right side around 1 to 2 cm. It is noticeable unfortunately. I consulted the warranty representative and he hasn’t got back to me with the answer on how the problem will be addressed since they don’t cater such repair in their shop, any advice? [/SIZE]
    Hello again guys. I have some inquiries again...

1. I'm used to seeing our driver warm up our sedan in the morning. Then he turns it off and inspect the oil level. I was told that it should be done the other way around? Tama ba? Inspect the oil level first before warming up the engine? Both for diesel and gas vehicles?

2. Our Dmax is now about a month old. Just changed oil for its first 1,500 kms. The display says that its ave. fuel consumption is about 12.5 kms/liter. Is this good enough? Will it become better as the Dmax register more kilometers?

3. I have already made mistakes and there are some scratches in my pick up, how do i get them removed? Dapat ba sa Isuzu mismo or I can go somewhere else?

Thanks yfor any help
    Bago pa kc unit mo kaya di mapakali, DMax ko will be 2 years old na sa e.. September, LX lang po. Dami na sx sa mga kurbadacratch, repainted na rin yun front kadoor sa kaliwa. may lamat na yun ilaw sa likod. Katakot takot ang dents. Pero happy ako he he he. Why? kc ang ito gagn mit ko sa paggawa ng atik, isa pa ang sarap gamitin daig ang Hi Lux ko sa kurbada. Mas tumatanda DMax ko mas lalo tumitipid sa fuel consumtion 14km/L. He he he di ko na lkang pinapansin ang looks....performance ang tinitingnan ko!

4. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by st_omach View Post
    Bago pa kc unit mo kaya di mapakali, DMax ko will be 2 years old na sa e.. September, LX lang po. Dami na sx sa mga kurbadacratch, repainted na rin yun front kadoor sa kaliwa. may lamat na yun ilaw sa likod. Katakot takot ang dents. Pero happy ako he he he. Why? kc ang ito gagn mit ko sa paggawa ng atik, isa pa ang sarap gamitin daig ang Hi Lux ko sa kurbada. Mas tumatanda DMax ko mas lalo tumitipid sa fuel consumtion 14km/L. He he he di ko na lkang pinapansin ang looks....performance ang tinitingnan ko!
    Hi ma'm! Wow, time is really fast. Imagine our trucks are almost 2 years old. Based from what I've read from your post, it seems that your truck is really living up to its purpose.hehe

For me too, I am still happy with mine. It has logged more than 35k kms and so far I don't have any issues with it yet. It's just that as the days pass, more and more scratches, stains and dents appear.hehe But I've learned to accept and live with it. I use it for carrying heavy things too.

5. Join Date
    May 2010
    di naman sa di mapakali. just trying to learn the ropes of how to take care of my vehicle from veterans like you

Quote Originally Posted by st_omach View Post

6. Join Date
    Feb 2007
    bros, fuel tank ng mga dmax natin 72 liters diba, ilan yun reserved nya kapag nag red na sa panel board?

7. Join Date
    Oct 2009
    hi all,

may nilabas ba na Dmax 4x2 LX with automatic transmission noong 2008?
    currently kasi wla sa pricing ng isuzu website ang LX na matic only LS lang.

May ino-offer kse sa akin ang friend ko na ganyan daw ang model nung 2008

8. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by 1911a1 View Post
    bros, fuel tank ng mga dmax natin 72 liters diba, ilan yun reserved nya kapag nag red na sa panel board?
    75 liters -- 15 liters of which is reserve. Ergo, "active" is only 60 liters.

9. Join Date
    May 2010
    how about ang tire pressure. kita ko sa specs 245/70R16 is like font 29 and rear is 41. do you follow this? how do you determine the correct tire pressure? kung mukhang hindi kulang sa hangin at properly inflated ang tire ok na ba yun?

thanks

10. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    how about ang tire pressure. kita ko sa specs 245/70R16 is like font 29 and rear is 41. do you follow this? how do you determine the correct tire pressure? kung mukhang hindi kulang sa hangin at properly inflated ang tire ok na ba yun?

thanks
    These are "suggested" tire pressures for your tires. Meaning, you should ideally inflate your tires beteen these ranges. Specially for pick-ups, the tire pressure would highly depend if you have load or not. Too much air (specially at the rear) would make the vehicle bouncy.

If I were you, I'd put 30 in front and around 34-35 at the rear. (no regular load at the bed). This is on the assumption average load would be 2-3 adults daily and possibly full load (5pax) on weekends.

Isuzu Dmax Owners [continued]