New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Yes. We also had one in our garage. We brought it in 2006 for reasons a lot of Crosswind buyers also want. And the supposed deficiencies mentioned are not major issues at that time.

Then "better-spec" Innova come along with at the same price set. The old-tech but reliable and durable Crosswind had to be compared against it.

Now with the top-of-the-line Sportivo in the cusp of 1.2 M price, Isuzuphil should be faulted. It seems they have consider this vehicle as a "scaled down MS". Unbelievable!

A sub-1 million price tag is more reasonable.

2. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    double post

3. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    And then its resale value is so high, for some reason. Comparable to a top of the line Innova that is a good one or two years newer than it. I'd stay away from this ancient caveman-in-a-business-suit unless they throw in a CRDi engine, and perhaps better crash standards.

4. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by GTi View Post
    And then its resale value is so high, for some reason. Comparable to a top of the line Innova that is a good one or two years newer than it. I'd stay away from this ancient caveman-in-a-business-suit unless they throw in a CRDi engine, and perhaps better crash standards.
    You said it yourself, why is the resale value of the Crosswind high? No doubt that new and modern design/features help keep a vehicle's resale value up, it's the RELIABILITY that is most considered.

Being a former owner of 2 Crosswinds ('01 XTO AT and '03 XUVi AT), I also believe that it is high time that ISUZU HQ should seriously consider coming out with major aesthetic and updated (but still reliable) engine/features to keep it's competitiveness in the market.

5. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Kaya ng isuzu mag price at Innova level, ayaw lang nilang i let-go yung huge profit margins nila! Bakit ang d-max spec'd and priced competitively... In the words of Optimus Prime " are they so different..."

6. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    ask ko lang parang ung nangyayari dito is ung pajero right? ung 2nd gen. ata ng pajero is pareho padin til now pero look madami paring bumibili pero. mas maganda naman ung pajero hehehe

7. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by blue_gambit View Post
    Kaya ng isuzu mag price at Innova level, ayaw lang nilang i let-go yung huge profit margins nila! Bakit ang d-max spec'd and priced competitively... In the words of Optimus Prime " are they so different..."
    Ewan ko nga din partner. Can be that ISUZU Phils. may be literally "raking" up profit for every Crosswind sale or pwede din mahal ang kuha nila sa sasakyan to start with.

Whichever of both, I would have to agree with the guys that it's either they retain the current design/specs but reduce their price (thou this would have a direct impact to a very good resale value that ISUZU owners are enjoying now) or they level off with the auto trend these days (CRDI/Airbag/ABS/modern shell).......

...... or they get beaten black and blue in this forum.

8. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by digitel View Post
    Let's post here what modifications we wanted for crosswind / sportivo of any variants. Like engine modification, suspension, and other concerns.

For me a little hp and safety features such as airbags, para mas sulit yung 1 million petot.
    Additional safety features. New body. New engine.

9. Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Oo nga ang taas nung resale value niya, dahil dun sa reliability, Oh isuzu! Dapat gawa pa sila ng crosswind of the future.

10. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by digitel View Post
    Oo nga ang taas nung resale value niya, dahil dun sa reliability, Oh isuzu! Dapat gawa pa sila ng crosswind of the future.
    Sana naman i-upgrade na nila yung crosswind hindi yung puro aesthetics lang. Lugi ka talaga kapag bumili ka ng Sportivo sa ngayon, with that price you can already get a descent SUV like the Tucson, add a little more you can already get an Everest or Montero Sports.. hays pero as long as may mga bumibili ng sportivo variant baka di iupgrade yan ng isuzu.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Isuzu Crosswind/Sportivo body and engine modifications/suggestions.