New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2010
    yung consumers ang sisihin nyo bro,kung bakit patuloy sila sa pag manufactured ng crosswind with proven and reliable engine 4ja1...pangmahirap kasi yung crosswind,para dun sa mga taong yung tipo ba na pang lifetime na yung bibilhin na sasakyan,hehehe...saka yung publiko naman ang nag naging judges e...at hindi mismo ang isuzu ang nag organized ng contest na yan...

pero kung ang hinahanap nyo sa isang sasakyan ay katulad ng mga sinasabi nyo,well go for other units like montero,etc...

2. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by renzo_d10 View Post
    Few negatives about the 2010 crosswind.
    - expensive
    - what's new ? body. heh.
    - still no safety features
    - slow ( i mean, 150-160 for an AUV is still doable, why limit it to 130 ? :rofl01: )
    - engineeeeeeeeeeeeeee so damn old.

Positives
    - cheap maintenance
    - seats plenty
    - sturdy body ( or at least on how it looks like )
    - cool a/c

~ for the pre-facelift crosswind buyers, all I can say is congrats. atleast you never did buy your unit at a very hefty price.

~ come one isuzu phils, change the looks, the engine, everything ! para naman maging makatarungan yung 1M+ na price for the sportivo. i can understand mitsubishi on their adventure's case, kasi yun ... MURA.

anyway, congratulations to isuzu.
    yup, layo na ng price difference ng Adventure at Crosswind. Top Adventure Super Sport retails for only 925K and has about most feature of the Sportivo (1.155M) except for the fancy entertainment feature. The Adventure even has a steering wheel audio controls and tire pressure monitor.

3. Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by basti08 View Post
    yup, layo na ng price difference ng Adventure at Crosswind. Top Adventure Super Sport retails for only 925K and has about most feature of the Sportivo (1.155M) except for the fancy entertainment feature. The Adventure even has a steering wheel audio controls and tire pressure monitor.
    hmm yung para sa montero? naks ha. hahaha. sana ibahin din nila itsura ng controls para sa aircon etc.. haha oldskul eh. )

4. Join Date
    Sep 2010
    imagine...

5 years na palang hawak ng crosswind yung title na "AUV OF THE YEAR AWARD"....plus nung 2006,crosswind pala ang "over-all automobile of the year",no. 1 din sa AUV category,year 2006.....

well congrats...crosswind owners.....

5. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    yung AC controls ng crosswind ito rin yung nakikita ko sa mga isuzu trucks nung 80's pa.

i can understand that the crosswind is an AUV kaya ganun lang siya. Sana yung price AUV price din.

I really like my XTO kaya someday if ever upgrade ako isuzu pa rin pero sana

ma improve lang interior and safety features. that maybe can justify the

high selling price.

i hope Isuzu can tell us why this model is still the same for 10 yrs na. baka naman its an issue on its AUV rating or something. pag pinalitan nila engine and everything baka maging SUV siya lalong tumaas payment nila ng tax or something.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by acergy09 View Post
    imagine...

5 years na palang hawak ng crosswind yung title na "AUV OF THE YEAR AWARD"....plus nung 2006,crosswind pala ang "over-all automobile of the year",no. 1 din sa AUV category,year 2006.....

well congrats...crosswind owners.....
    The "people's choice award" is crap. Isuzu Philippines sends it's txt brigade to pump up the votes for the Crosswind to win the award every year.

The crosswind is simply a dinosaur and should have been long replaced. Only reason why Isuzu kept it so long is probably they do not want to invest into a new AUV body and engine because that will cost them a lot of money.

And given the small market size of the Philippines, I don't blame them.
    Last edited by ghosthunter; November 5th, 2010 at 05:53 PM.

7. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter View Post
    The "people's choice award" is crap. Isuzu Philippines sends it's txt brigade to pump up the votes for the Crosswind to win the award every year.

The crosswind is simply a dinosaur and should have been long replaced. Only reason why Isuzu kept it so long is probably they do not want to invest into a new AUV body and engine because that will cost them a lot of money.

And given the small market size of the Philippines, I don't blame them.
    Crosswind was also released in Indonesia as Panther right, I wonder how well Panther is doing in Indonesia, it was also re-badged by Chevy? I not sure if I remember it correctly but somewhere in south america I think. This makes the Crosswind global isn't it.

As for the price, 1.1M+ is really high for an AUV, add 200k more and you have Everest already which has standard safety features and stronger, more modern engine.

8. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by TholitzReloaded View Post
    Crosswind was also released in Indonesia as Panther right, I wonder how well Panther is doing in Indonesia, it was also re-badged by Chevy? I not sure if I remember it correctly but somewhere in south america I think. This makes the Crosswind global isn't it.

As for the price, 1.1M+ is really high for an AUV, add 200k more and you have Everest already which has standard safety features and stronger, more modern engine.

Korekkkk

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    medyo mataas talaga ang price ng xwind compared sa adventure, yung top of the line ng adventure ka price lang ng xti.

pero tingin ko kahit papaano bawi naman sa reliability. ng bumili ako ng xwind a few weeks ago, most of the comments na narinig ko puro positive, na matibay daw since yung sa kakilala nila na may xwind at highlander pa maganda pa din daw performance after so many years.

about sa design, nakaka frustrate talaga yung interior, my civic 2000 model has better interior than a 2010 xwind kaya medyo hesitant ako kumuha ng xwind pero from the feed backs na nakuha ko eh ok naman daw performace so mas mahalaga naman yun.

about the engine, i asked my friend na taga Isuzu Phil mismo, nasa product development dept sya, tinanong ko kung may plano ba sila palitan engine ng xwind since sobrang old model na, kasi nga baka bumili ako tapos next year magkaroon ng new engine ang xwind sayang naman ang sabi nya until 2014 puro face lift lang ang xwind

ang reason, ang hirap daw magpa approve sa isuzu japan. siguro since sa market makikita naman natin mas madami pa ding xwind sa kalye kesa sa ibang auv, so kung hihina siguro sales nila baka dun pa lang sila mapilitan mag upgrade.

sana lang kasama sa interior upgrade ang magadang cockpit

10. Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by TholitzReloaded View Post

NAKAKASAWA NABA!?:drive1:

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Isuzu Crosswind bags "AUV of the Year" award