New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2011
    comments... on the new model out on the market

2. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Ride is marginally better than before, power is a little better, fuel economy is still good, and there are more toys in the new Sportivo, BUT:

The engine is still smoky
    The chassis is still ancient and unrefined
    The forward-facing third row is nearly useless compared to the older side-facing seats
    The brakes are still underpowered and still lack ABS
    The high end models are overpriced. You can simply buy a midrange model and fit the luxuries from outside and get yourself a better sound system

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Drives just like the 2010 model I was driving around in today.

It's a great car if they released it in 1986.

Midrange models are the value leaders. High end models just seem to defy logic as to who would plunk down that kind of cash for technology this old.

According to some Isuzu friends, people in the provinces and OFW's. I don't know what they meant by that.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

4. Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by OTEP View Post
    Drives just like the 2010 model I was driving around in today.

It's a great car if they released it in 1986.

Midrange models are the value leaders. High end models just seem to defy logic as to who would plunk down that kind of cash for technology this old.

According to some Isuzu friends, people in the provinces and OFW's. I don't know what they meant by that.
    Ganito siguro yon: An uncle of my friend bought one as soon as he arrived the country after his sea duty contract (He is a seaman) dahil matibay daw ang isuzu. After comparison of the price and features as will as "power under the hood" against other SUV in the market now I heard that he want to sell the unit & upgrade to other brand. Too fast, too late yata for him to realize.

5. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Welll... the one thing you can say is that you're never going to have a major mechanical problem that is too hard to fix. The thing is, it's getting increasingly difficult to use the car in the metro due to the attention it gets from ASBU. The quick fix for that is to wash out your exhaust to remove carbon soot every week.

Strangely, the new turbo models seem to be more smoke belchy than my 220,000 km old naturally aspirated truck. Or maybe my fuel filter is clogged, which is why it's not dumping excessive fuel into the exhaust...

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    The unit i was using today does belong to an ofw. Hehe. So i guess isuzu is hitting their target. My cousin's fiance is a typical probinsyana. She drives a crosswind also.

Quote Originally Posted by OTEP View Post
    The unit i was using today does belong to an ofw. Hehe. So i guess isuzu is hitting their target. My cousin's fiance is a typical probinsyana. She drives a crosswind also.
    Grabe ka naman mag stereotype doc! Hehehehe!

My biyenan also drives an XL. She lives in a city....Tacloban City. )

8. Join Date
    Aug 2011
    sa province kasi namin sikat ang crosswind... mostly ofw owner

9. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    For us here whose family background has experience with cars and trucks for the last 20 years or so, then its a no-brainer..

It's not sterotyping, its a sad fact. A lot of us filipinos are compulsive buyers. Medyo kulelat talaga mga taga probinsya in terms of information, as well as OFWs investing their FIRST family car/truck in their entire lives.. Kumbaga many OFWs and their families are newbies in the auto industry. Siguro bka blessing in disguise din sa kanila yan coz ang crosswind di masyado mahal sa maintenance..

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Oist hindi ako nag stereotype nun. Sinabi lang sakin and i just corellated it with people i know who bought xwinds. Hehe.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
isuzu crosswind 2012.. comments