New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 118 FirstFirst 123456781454104 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by vicoyski
    My neighbor just drove home his brandnew Alterra from Isuzu Manila! Harvest Gold, Single Tone with 5.1 SES... What a beauty! Looks very nice talaga when it's on the move.
    from certain angles, it doesn't look that bad... wag lang direct rear view (stupid happy face... hehe).

2. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    The Alterra is really quiet for an Isuzu, thanks to that iTEQ commonrail diesel powerplant.

I could always tell that my nextdoor neighbor was arriving from home. I used to hear his Nissan Terrano and Nissan Patrol Safari approaching a block away. Now, I get startled when he honks his Alterra's horn to have his gate opened.
    Last edited by vicoyski; July 24th, 2005 at 07:14 PM.

3. Join Date
    Jan 2004
    hmmm. post ko lang ang impression ko sa alterra. well, it has the aura of the dmax, the size (which is actually shorter), that same brute looks. the only thing that missing is the chrome grill, that gave it a cheap look having that gray grill.

the seat setting is lower than the dmax, which is more of a squatting position. inside the cabin, there is the air feeling. 2nd row seat is more than adequate both elbow and legroom. one thing i noticed is the ecu box is placed not in the cabin below the drivers' seat but inside the hood (correct me if i'm wrong).

the only downside is that the rear glass panel, distrupted the flowing lines.

but then, alterra is for the people who has acquired taste.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Frankly nung una kong nakita ang pics ng alterra talagang dismayado ako. Pero nung nakita ko up-close and personal maganda naman sya. Siga ang dating saka nandun pa rin yung pagiging MACHO ng typical ng Isuzu. Mahal nga lang talaga. Sana may owners nga na mag-share ng views nila sa Alterra.

5. Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by ian_rex
    hmmm. post ko lang ang impression ko sa alterra. well, it has the aura of the dmax
    Because it is a DMAX hehehe Even the engine sounds like a DMAX well all isuzu engines sounds alike. Inside same everything except for the seats, a few buttons on the dash and those cup holders on the rear doors.

I'm just curious on the 5.1 SES where's the Sub? self amplified ba yun components?

6. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by bolantoy
    O mga may-ari ng funeral parlors dyan! Share nyo naman experience nyo sa bagong ride nyo. :P
    what an ego you have there pal........

7. Join Date
    Mar 2005

Ganda talaga and relatively quiet din, my neighbor's Alterra... That black gummed smile in the rear offers better protection for the painted bumper, when loading stuff. That's one of the things that the Toyota Fortuner doesn't have.

We compared notes. He's happy with his unit. He really wanted a 4x4. But, he settled for the 4x2 Alterra, not only because of the long wait for the Toyota Fortuner, but also because he's already got a 4x4 Nissan Patrol Safari.

8. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by vicoyski

We compared notes. He's happy with his unit. He really wanted a 4x4. But, he settled for the 4x2 Alterra, not only because of the long wait for the Toyota Fortuner, but also because he's already got a 4x4 Nissan Patrol Safari.

Hope you can convince your friendly neighbor to post his insights about his new ride para malaman din namin how it feels like to own and ride one.

9. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Psalm136:2
    Hope you can convince your friendly neighbor to post his insights about his new ride para malaman din namin how it feels like to own and ride one.
    I'm sorry... I don't think he'd care to post anything... He's an old lawyer. I think he isn't even internet savvy.

Nahihiya din ako interview sya. 'Coz it kinda feels like I'm rubbing it in that I got the unit that he initially wanted. I have great respect for him and I wouldn't like to give him that feeling.

10. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    maganda pala likod ng alterra

Isuzu Alterra