New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Hi, I'm new here but I badly need your help guys.

My two month old xt was flooded by the recent flashflood that hit Davao City. The water was dashboard level so practically everything was affected.

Thought it best that Isuzu mechanics do the repairs so I brought it to Isuzu Davao last July 1. During my last visit two days ago, I was told that among others, they were having a hard time cleaning the headlights of watermarks (actually brown lines from the mud and silt that came with the floodwater) since they could not remove the plastic lenses.

I noticed that the lenses were just clipped onto the dark plastic housing of the headlights so I guess there has to be a way of removing them, although medyo mahirap due to the sealant applied by the factory.

Is there a way of removing the lenses without damaging the headlights?

Would really appreciate any tips from anyone of you masters out there.

Thanks in advance, guys!

2. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Pwede yan. Gamit ka ng heat gun.

Pwede rin naman lagyan mo ng tubig na may konting sabon then shake shake mo lang. Then drain and bilad sa araw.

Pwede rin yung ginagamit na pang linis ng milk bottles ng baby. Yung merong foam sa dulo.

Search ka dito. Marami nang gumawa nyan.

3. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Salamat sa info robot.sonic. Hindi daw kaya ng shake-shake yung naipon na dumi sa loob ng assembly. Hindi rin daw kayang dukutin, medyo alanganin kasi ang position ng mga butas na pwedeng pasukan ng brush.

Anyway, may nagsabi sa akin na detailer na kaya daw nila buksan and linisan * 1500.00 per set of headlights. Siguro nga using a heatgun. Baka subukan ko nalang sila.

Thanks again.

4. Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Under warranty pa yan kaya pwede mo i claim sa casa dahil meron mabait kausap, try mo lang.

5. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    oo nga pala. di ba covered ng insurance mo yan?

6. Join Date
    Jul 2010
    oo nga broTS, covered ng insurance yan o ng warranty....

kapag di sila pumayag, isama mo si mayora....

ewan ko lang....

nyahaha...jk.

7. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Thanks for the replies, everyone. Sad thing is hindi covered ng insurance ko because I decided not to get the Acts of God rider which was just an option (nagtipid sa premium). Di rin pwede i-invoke ang warranty coz hindi naman defective.

Anyway, dinala ko na dun sa detailer I mentioned earlier and nilinis nga both headlights *1,500. Mukhang maganda naman ang result altho I still have to see the performance.

Is there a thread here in 'tsikot' related to flooded crosswinds? Just want to know what to expect, what to look out for, possible fixes, etc. after I get the unit from the casa.

The casa supposedly will do everything to restore the unit to its pre-flood condition, i.e. from the engine, drivetrain, electricals/electronics, interiors, etc..

Would appreciate any links/comments.

More power to everyone and to tsikot!

Thanks in advance.

8. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Kung flooded crosswind wala pa ako nakita. Flooded cars yung topic. Search mo na lang "Ondoy". Madami dyan.

How to clean 2011 isuzu crosswind headlights