New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    As a top variant AUV, the Sportivo is considered by many as overpriced. Its P100T more than the top-of the line Adventure (its closest competitor).

Thus, my wish list:

1. Add more POWER, say the 4jb1-T (the 2.8L turbo diesel of the old Fuego). And a 4x4 capability.

2. More SAFETY features, say complete 3-pt seatbelts for the 2nd and 3rd rows. Not just lap belts. Kung kaya a driver's airbag.

Is it too much to ask? They can always leave the current configuration to the XUVs. Did not even include the a CRDI engine which will dramatically jack up the selling price.

Isuzu insiders?

2. Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Gerbo View Post
    2. More SAFETY features, say complete 3-pt seatbelts for the 2nd and 3rd rows. Not just lap belts. Kung kaya a driver's airbag.

Is it too much to ask? They can always leave the current configuration to the XUVs. Did not even include the a CRDI engine which will dramatically jack up the selling price.

Isuzu insiders?
    I too, in helping my aunt shop for her Isuzu Crosswind, find Isuzu's pricing scandalous to say the least. For so much, you seem to be getting so little.

Don't know why Crosswinds cost so much when they lack a lot of what we'd normally find standard on other vehicles today, and especially since their engines are not even the new ones. Gov't taxes nga ba ng AUV ang malaking portion ng price?

Like you, Gerbo, I'd like to see more safety features like ABS, EBD, Airbags (kahit driver side lang) and for the 2nd row, 3pt seatbelts. Hell, the REVO of yore had 3pt seatbelts for the 2nd row, and if the lowly VIOS can have ABS and Airbags, why not the crosswind? Wish ko lang rin...

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I inquired sa isuzu if they can put the 4jB1 2.8L engine sa crosswind. this is not even the turbo boosted 4JB1-T w/c they use sa fuego 4x4. mabigat daw yung makina and you'd have to modify the front suspensions, and also take down the tranny and put the tranny of the fuego. so, any gain in torque might be negated by the weight gain.

better if they just put a more decent turbo booster for the 4JA1, the aussies have one turbo kit that can increase the power from 79 ps to 100 ps. that's a fairly decent power to weight ratio.

the interiors, ok lang sakin, i can live with it. maybe yung safety features nga siguro, 3 pt seatbelts sa middle seats, airbags, ABS maybe.

and...finally, a 4x4 version :D now that would be nice to have

4. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Despite all the great features the Sportivo has, I heard that it doesn't even have an adjustable steering column! ABS is really needed here especially since it still uses disc/drum setup and is rather heavy. If I could have it my way, I would have Isuzu put in the new 2.5 4JK1-TC engine Isuzu uses in Thailand to power their lower D-Max variants. I think the reason Isuzu didn't put in 4wd or a better engine is that it will officially make the Sportivo an SUV instead of the AUV it originally is and that it will intrude into the Alterra's market.

5. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by rsnald View Post
    ....better if they just put a more decent turbo booster for the 4JA1, the aussies have one turbo kit that can increase the power from 79 ps to 100 ps. that's a fairly decent power to weight ratio.

...maybe yung safety features nga siguro, 3 pt seatbelts sa middle seats, airbags, ABS maybe.

and...finally, a 4x4 version :D now that would be nice to have

Yeah...so as to distinguish it from the other Crosswind variants...di lang entertainment system.

6. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    In answer to the question...

A new body... hopefully based on the D-Max/Alterra.

I don't mind the underpowered engine... it's fuel efficient and easy to maintain. What I do mind is the stone age chassis/suspension/brake package. New Crosswinds are still made of low quality steel... with sagging hinges... noisy and flexy bodies (noticeable when you ride in the back if the driver drives in a spirited manner)... and poor crash-survivability. If only they'd update the shell, the rest could be forgiveable.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    A new body/chassis and an updated engine (like what Mitsu did).

More meat and less burloloy.

bigbigcar.com Review: Chery QQ3 1.1 MT

8. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    +1
    sinubukan kong umupo dun sa 3rd row, sobra talagang matagtag.
    i'd be ecstatic over the drastic improvement of its suspension.

9. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    double post.

10. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    a more powerful engine pref the 4JJ1-TC i-TEQ Common Rail Direct Injection Diesel with Turbo Intercooler, refined suspension and could withstand this weight, re-designed rear a/c vents, 3 Pts. ELR 2nd row seatbelts and a 4X4 option. pwedeng pwede na sumabay sa mga critics.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
What the Sportivo should have to justify its CURRENT price?