New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    mga sir,
    pwede pong magtanong kung mgkano 2nd hand 4JA1-turbo na engine ng sportivo yung may papers?san po pwede makipagswap 4JA1 engine non-turbo sa 4JA1 turbo?we're planning kc to change engine our crosswind xuv 2003..
    tnx in advance!

2. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Sir bakit niyo gusto palitan?
    Kung more power you might want to consider 4JB1-t
    Last edited by 4JGtootsie; April 1st, 2009 at 11:23 AM.

3. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    wala na bang conversion kapag pinalitan ng 4jb1 ang corsswind?

4. Join Date
    Mar 2003
    how much is the gain from an NA 4ja1 to the turbo version? i think i've read somewhere here in the forum about a turbo kit for it? i might be mistaken though.

tried shopping around as i'm preparing for the inevitable (although i hope not any time sooN), a bnew 4jb1t would cost around P300k, including the tranny; this is from the casa; parang gusto ko nalang magpa overhaul should the time come...

sir 4jg, is that worth it if i want to keep my rig? do you guys at central diesel recommend overhauling instead?

thanks

5. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    sir 4JGTootsie, gsto ko lng sna malaman cost papalit makina kasi yung nabili ng tatay ko n 2003 xuv manual eh marami n mileage 171K km na eh baka malapit na bumigay makina kaya naisipan ko itanong

6. Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by fahrenheit20 View Post
    sir 4JGTootsie, gsto ko lng sna malaman cost papalit makina kasi yung nabili ng tatay ko n 2003 xuv manual eh marami n mileage 171K km na eh baka malapit na bumigay makina kaya naisipan ko itanong
    bro. mababa pa ang 171km para sa 4ja1 mo. sabi ng kaibigan ko sa isuzu. those engines will run up to 300k km. basta alaga sa langis and proper maintenance. fuego 4jb1t ng asawa ko 280K+km na. hindi pa na overhaul. calibration lang ang ginawa sa makina. and it still runs well.

bro. very powerful ang 4jg2 engine. the crosswind was not designed to handle the power of this engine. you will have to also upgrade other components like the brakes.

7. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    *double post*

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

8. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    The 4JA1T really isn't all that powerful. You'll get maybe 5-10 more horses than the 4JA1... going from being a slug to a snail... We put the 4JA1-T on the dyno and it made a pathetic amount of power... some 55-65 whp, if I recall. (equivalent to 75-80 bhp). And it only made about 5 psi of boost. You can likely get more boost pressure by blowing into a tube leading to the engine yourself. :hysterical:

If you really want power, the 4JB1 is probably the easiest swap to perform. Better yet, you could just turbo your regular 4JA1, give it a bigger turbo than the stock one on the 4JA1T (maybe a Pajero turbo? Those are pretty common), add an adjustable wastegate and have a shop adjust your fuel pump to meet the increased fuel needs... probably more effective than swapping out engines whole.
    Last edited by niky; April 2nd, 2009 at 04:20 PM.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    agree with niky, bale wala 4JA-T, appreciate that he gave us the hard data. Sa totohanang takbuhan sa kalsada, I dont see much advantage of the newer 4JA1-T powered crosswinds over the older 4JA1 powered crosswinds. pareho ang bilis at arangkada, minsan mas mabilis pa older models kase, well broken in na engines.

on the mileage, 300thou KM lang ba life ng 4jA1? wow...then lapit na pala ako 230thou na ako eh.

on engine replacement, pwede daw yung 4JB1-T, the turbo 2.8L engine of the Fuego 4x4, pero palit transmission, and front suspensions, for the crosswind. I dunno about putting it into a trooper but I think it will work. If i remember correctly, on paper the 4JB1-t had 100 hp vs. the 84 hp of the 4JA1-t.

hth

10. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    sir 4jg, is that worth it if i want to keep my rig? do you guys at central diesel recommend overhauling instead?

thanks[/QUOTE]

Kung ako lang ang masusunod overhaul. Basta you follow the data, tolerances and specification then magandang break-in solve!

171klm for isuzu mills are peanuts especially for non aspirated engines.

Yung nagoverhaul ako ng 4JG2-TC ko, masaya ako dahil nakita ko talaga ang laman,how it works, stress and wear areas at gaano kabigat ang mga components,ni check ko lahat ng conponents according sa manual.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Need advise about 4ja1-turbo engine