New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Oct 2007
    help mga experts! i have a crosswind xto 01 with 88k in odo. nag auto on/off aircon niya every 5-10 secs or so. iyong iba rides ng in-laws ko hindi naman ganun kadalas engage on/off. i have the aircon inspected and cleaned ok naman daw. i have the mehanical thermosat sensor replaced (replacement lang, iyong fixed na). ganun pa din, medyo regular interval tik-tak na nga lang every 5 secs. what seems to be the problem? any similar experiences & solutions? tnx in advance

2. Join Date
    May 2004
    pa-check mo relay.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    baka nga yung a/c relay. it's under the hood. have it replaced ng original. had mine replaced too. around 300 yata yung price ng orig.

other than the thermostat or the relay, la nako maisip iba.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2007
    tnx for replies bros, have it checked mamaya. update ko thread.

5. Join Date
    May 2007
    Sounds like a loose wire along the system specially that green wire. Not grounding because the compressor clutch grounds to the engine. It could be as simple as a loose plug or wire inside a plug not making good contact.

You would first remove every plug that you could trace out, and slightly bend the pins inside each one of them so that they would have more pressure during contact. Next would be a loose wire or crimp connection that you would also be loose somewhere along those wires.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2007
    ok naman daw relay. ganun pa rin, every 15 secs on/off.

v6dreamer-tnx bro, will try to DIY it.

7. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    i dont know ha...
    but in our honda civic, about every 15 seconds aandar yung compressor... then patay for about 30 seconds...
    actually depends on the thermostat... kung mas malamig... matagal aandar yung compressor, mga 30 secs... then sandali lang mamamatay...
    seems normal naman. and dati pa 'to ganito...

i dont know... maybe its different with your crosswind...

8. Join Date
    May 2004
    how about the clutch plate of the compressor?

9. Join Date
    Oct 2007
    it seems loose wiring nga. i removed the connection near the compressor clutch, and sinundot ko iyong pin sa loob niya. i reconnected it again and presto ok na siya

10. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    mga sir tanong lng po ako, bat bumabaho po ba pagpinaandar ko ung aircon tuwing umaga pero after 1-2min nawawala po.. bawal po ba mag spray ng perfume sa loob pag gumagamit ng aircon? 3 weeks old pa lng po ung car namin bago pa po..(sportivo 2008)

help please! crosswind aircon on/off problem