New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Hi Everyone,

For those who sold their isuzu trooper with 4JX1 engine (between years 2001-2005 i think), have you ever regretted selling your trooper?

The reason im asking this is that im kinda regretting selling my 2001 trooper 4x2 last 2009. When i sold it, it had a lot of problems already like side mirror folding mechanism already broken, antenna is stuck and not working anymore, a lot of replacements needs to be done on suspension because it was never been changed since Day 1, leather seats peeled off, etc...im also worried that the fuel injector issue might come out again..

Pero kahit nabenta na yon trooper ko for 1 year, parang nagsisi tuloy ako ngayon. Dapat ata pinaayos ko nalang sana... Kasi kahit papaano trooper padin yon, and ka-level padin niya mga Pajero, Patrol, Prado, LC...and i could not afford the prices of Pajero, Patrol, Prado, LC today. Kaya parang nagsisisi tuloy ako...

What do you guys think? Thank you!

2. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    I bet you wouldn't regret selling it if the 4JX1's ECU and fuel system started to act up on your watch. Those are very expensive fixes. My dad had to wait 6 months for a replacement ECU when his went out - not due to any flooding but because it just died.

3. Join Date
    Mar 2007
    hehe wala po word na regretted hehe. anyway, malaki gastos namin sa trooper namin. siguro aabot na ng 1.5M kung ano ano kasi ang nasisira eh. tsaka nakailang accidente narin. we will not sell the trooper.

4. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    I've owned my Trooper since new for 5 years now. 105k mileage and still going. I see no reason why I would even consider selling my Trooper... besides, it's the last of the Mojicans and a "TRUE" Isuzu SUV.

5. Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Exactly , its a "TRUE" Isuzu SUV. I really regret selling mine last year...sayang tlga

6. Join Date
    Jun 2008
    [quote=Type 100;1545008]I bet you wouldn't regret selling it if the 4JX1's ECU and fuel system started to act up on your watch. Those are very expensive fixes. My dad had to wait 6 months for a replacement ECU when his went out - not due to any flooding but because it just died.[/quote

Agree on that as well, hows your dad's trooper now?

7. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Its not just a true Isuzu SUV, its the last great SUV Isuzu has made! I wonder why they aren't introducing new models nowadays, still developing? Or just concentrating only on the truck industry? BTW, had our Trooper for seven years now, bought 2nd hand last October 2003 from a UP professor for 1.225M when it was just 18 months old and had 20000 ticks on the clock. Really good car, took good care of it and never had any problems with the chassis/suspension, interior is almost as good as new and the ride and engine performance is excellent. With the injectors replaced for free, there's really nothing much more to fix except for the naturally occurring wear and tear of some parts. The replacing of the ECU might just be an isolated case for all I know.

8. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    We won't sell ours!

7 years and 115k mileage na of ups and downs.

Last sunday lang 160kph average speed ko sa SCTEX. 6 pax + luggage. No prob.

9. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Type 100 View Post
    I bet you wouldn't regret selling it if the 4JX1's ECU and fuel system started to act up on your watch. Those are very expensive fixes. My dad had to wait 6 months for a replacement ECU when his went out - not due to any flooding but because it just died.

6 months? wow pwede ipaayos sana yan, sir.

10. Join Date
    Feb 2011
    So glad that there still a people who believe's in trooper with 4jx1 engine,,,, for you guys,, you bring back trooper to live! and I'm glad coz I'm one of you,,, my worry regarding my trooper decreased to minimum he he he,, thanks guys.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Have you regretted selling your trooper wth 4jx1 engine?