New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Hope somebody could help me.

I'm having a hard time starting my car in the morning but after having started ok na siya and easy to start na. My ride is isuzu big horn diesel 4jx1 engine. I just have an oil change and had my fuel filter and air filter replaced. Have my heater plugs checked and its ok.

After an overnight park its quite difficult to start it in the morning. Parang palyado ang engine at need mo pa sabayan ng accelerator para tumuloy yung palya. after a minute of high rev normal na ang idling niya.

2. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    i hope i can help. we both have the same engine but my is locally bought. anyhow, what oil did you use? i had similar problem with fully syntetic oil, so i went back to casa maintenance and just use their recommended oil., although costly, it might help. try checking your battery as well, it might need replacement as diesel cars needs more power to start compared to gas engines.

we can take out the fuel filter as you have mentioned you have changed this. did it just start having starting problem after maintenance was done?

Quote Originally Posted by bigcar View Post
    Hope somebody could help me.

I'm having a hard time starting my car in the morning but after having started ok na siya and easy to start na. My ride is isuzu big horn diesel 4jx1 engine. I just have an oil change and had my fuel filter and air filter replaced. Have my heater plugs checked and its ok.

After an overnight park its quite difficult to start it in the morning. Parang palyado ang engine at need mo pa sabayan ng accelerator para tumuloy yung palya. after a minute of high rev normal na ang idling niya.

3. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by av8or5 View Post
    i hope i can help. we both have the same engine but my is locally bought. anyhow, what oil did you use? i had similar problem with fully syntetic oil, so i went back to casa maintenance and just use their recommended oil., although costly, it might help. try checking your battery as well, it might need replacement as diesel cars needs more power to start compared to gas engines.

we can take out the fuel filter as you have mentioned you have changed this. did it just start having starting problem after maintenance was done?

Thanks av80r5. I actually use Delo Sports fully synthetic oil. But I changed oil 3 times already using this and no problem like this was encountered. Actually this is the fourth time I changed oil and this suddenly happened. Maybe I'll have my battery checked first before trying to change the original casa recommended oil.

4. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Thanks av80r5. I actually use Delo Sports fully synthetic oil. But I changed oil 3 times already using this and no problem like this was encountered. Actually this is the fourth time I changed oil and this suddenly happened. Maybe I'll have my battery checked first before trying to change the original casa recommended oil.
    okay. do let us know how you solved your problem as others can learn from this.

5. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    I replaced my battery and changed my oil to the casa one but still its hard starting in the morning. One good thing though is that it starts even though quite long. I've been to 3 mechanics and they don't seem to know whats the problem. Still looking for some solution. Maybe someone could recommend a good mechanic who knows this engine.

6. Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Hinde ako familiar sa engine ng car nyo, pero sa amin ganito yung prob dati nung may leak sa fuel pump, kelangan pa pump yung gas pedal para madali start.

7. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    hindi ako masyadong familiar sa diesel engine,pero itry mo daw ito,

drain old fuel from the fuel tank,clean the tank,and replace the fuel with good grades fuel (thinner fuel) or find a higher number of cetane fuel (45-50 cetane rating).huwag yung high viscosity.i think no.1 diesel fuel kung meron man,kasi ito ang pinaka thinner eh,palitan mo na rin ang fuel filter,bago man ito luma,basta palitan mo na rin ng panibago para sigurado.i hope it will help.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    eh di sa evening mo start. hehehe dyok lang.

seriously...try check your fuel filter. ganyan din sakit nung bighorn ng officemate ko dati. ;)

9. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    I've been to 3 mechanics and they don't seem to know whats the problem. Still looking for some solution. Maybe someone could recommend a good mechanic who knows this engine.
    Been longing to take a shot on these X1 problems but without a tech2 medyo mangangapa ako. Meron bang peeps na may laptop version or any substitute.

10. Join Date
    Feb 2007
    this happened to my L300 before. nakakainis talaga. my mechanic had my injection pump calibrated, di daw maka distribute ng fuel. yon pala, fuel pump lang, may leak na. nang mapalitan na, 1 click na lang. try mo brod.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Hard Starting in the morning