New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    First of all, no I did not hit anyone yet

Just in case I get into that situation (whether my fault or not), what would be the best thing to do.

Questions:
    Should I take the person to the nearest hospital or is it advisable to call ambulance instead?
    Can I move my vehicle from the scene and if so how would the MMDA/investigator know whose fault is it later?
    Can I just go to any hospital and who is going to pay for it?

Thanks in advance.

2. Join Date
    Jan 2012
    first thing to do is call the nearest hospital or nearest police station they surely know what to like calling for the ambulance.
    you can't just carry the person that was hit because sometimes the affected body parts should not be move instantly so best way is to call the ambulance, hospital, police station or barangay.
    - next is if you will ask me,probably you can move your car to avoid traffic for some reasons then explain everthing else later on. well of course everybody should be honest at this point.
    - next is again if you will ask me, i wouldn't pay for the hospital bills IF the person was on the wrong side like instead of crossing at pedestrian lane he/she will cross at the middle of the road or if the traffic light sign was red for crossing people and for the cars was green then the hard headed person still crossed the road knowing that a lot of cars are going and etc.

3. Join Date
    Sep 2009
    if nobody's around and the one you hit is at fault... just keep on going, and whistle a happy tune.

seriously.

4. Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Case to case basis, if you hit someone near residencial places better go directly to the nearest police station.... mahirap kasi kung taga doon lang din yung nabangga or nasagi mong tao, baka "makuyog" ka, kung hindi naman like in business places like makati etc, pwede mo din tulungan yung victim bring to the nearest hospital, and then ihold ka na ng security guard kapag ikaw ang involve sa accident

5. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by holdencaulfield View Post
    if nobody's around and the one you hit is at fault... just keep on going, and whistle a happy tune.

seriously.
    If it's between a pedestrian and a car, by law, the car driver is always at fault until investigation proves otherwise. Running away after hitting someone is already considered an admission of guilt and will get you in big trouble once you're finally caught.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

6. Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by PATSYS50 View Post
    First of all, no I did not hit anyone yet

Just in case I get into that situation (whether my fault or not), what would be the best thing to do.

Questions:
    Should I take the person to the nearest hospital or is it advisable to call ambulance instead?
    Can I move my vehicle from the scene and if so how would the MMDA/investigator know whose fault is it later?
    Can I just go to any hospital and who is going to pay for it?

Thanks in advance.

If you really admit its your mistake, then its your call whether Police first or Hospital. but if you think its not your fault especially if your near with the authorities, you wait and let them come to you because somebody will report for you.

As your counter defense, take a picture of your car that can tell the story of the accident.

7. Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    If it's between a pedestrian and a car, by law, the car driver is always at fault until investigation proves otherwise. Running away after hitting someone is already considered an admission of guilt and will get you in big trouble once you're finally caught.
    just be sure nobody witnessed and the area's CCTV free. if it ain't your fault, why feel guilty?
    it's the law of the earth. everyone gets hurt. everyone dies.

8. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by holdencaulfield View Post
    just be sure nobody witnessed and the area's CCTV free. if it ain't your fault, why feel guilty?
    it's the law of the earth. everyone gets hurt. everyone dies.
    The enormous financial obligation incurred when you accidentally hit someone (your fault or not) is merely inconvenient. The possible life-long disability or death resulting from being hit by a motor vehicle is tragic.

There's no way to ensure there are no witnesses. And if you hit someone hard enough to kill them, then it definitely is your fault, because you were driving too fast in the first place.

If you're driving properly, it's highly unlikely that you will ever hit anyone hard enough to cause injury. And by properly, I mean slow down when coming over the crest of a hill, slow down when going around a corner and slow down when your view of the surroundings are compromised or obstructed by obstacles.

Then again, if you feel perfectly fine about leaving another human being injured in the middle of the road, then go ahead and follow your own advice. I hope you have a good time in jail or hell or wherever you end up.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

9. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    If you're not guilty, just help the pedestrian but don't pay for anything. Go to court if you really mean to prove that because it's their fault, no need for you to pay anything. That's what I'll do. (You need a positive police report for this indeed), kaso mahirap, hassle talaga at nakaka-awa kasi. Pero huwag talaga papaduro.
    Fasten your seatbelt! Or else... Driven To Thrill!

10. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    If I bring him/her to the hospital, the hospital will ask me to sign as to who will pay before they will admit the person. I will not agree to pay if it is not my fault.

Then this goes back to to my earlier question whether it is wise to move my vehicle - as the determination on whose fault is it hinges largely on this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
What to do if you hit someone -expert advice please