New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 21 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    May 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by tomtom View Post
    sir, san nyo nabibili yung additive? dun ba sa same station din? how is the performance, wala naman bang problem with the engine?

thanks
    Hi, Tomtom!

The additive is from Sea Oil although I remember seeing the additive also on display on one of the shelves in a store in Banawe. Ask them about the additive for diesel. I think the small bottle retails for around 30 PhP and the bigger one is around 120 PhP. Some Sea Oil station don't have it or run out of stock very fast because the additive is very effective in reducing, if not eliminating smoke and also increases engine efficiency (it can be felt). I have been able to buy the additive from Sea Oil in Shaw, Pasig and in P. Guevara, San Juan stations.

The additive apparently cleans the injectors, fuel lines and fuel tank which in turn increases the efficiency of the engine. In effect, you have a better running engine. This results in cleaner exhaust and more economy. The power increase is a result of the cleaner and more efficient engine. However, driving habits dictate the type of economy you get from your ride. When we get a bit foot heavy, the fuel economy suffers. Try to maximize the torque characteristics of your diesel engine at lower revs.

Another improvement noted is that after using Sea Oil and additive, the engine feed pump does not seem to need to be given "CPR". Keeping the tank at least half full also helps.

Cheers!

Blaster

2. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Blaster87 View Post
    Hi, Tomtom!

The additive is from Sea Oil although I remember seeing the additive also on display on one of the shelves in a store in Banawe. Ask them about the additive for diesel. I think the small bottle retails for around 30 PhP and the bigger one is around 120 PhP. Some Sea Oil station don't have it or run out of stock very fast because the additive is very effective in reducing, if not eliminating smoke and also increases engine efficiency (it can be felt). I have been able to buy the additive from Sea Oil in Shaw, Pasig and in P. Guevara, San Juan stations.

The additive apparently cleans the injectors, fuel lines and fuel tank which in turn increases the efficiency of the engine. In effect, you have a better running engine. This results in cleaner exhaust and more economy. The power increase is a result of the cleaner and more efficient engine. However, driving habits dictate the type of economy you get from your ride. When we get a bit foot heavy, the fuel economy suffers. Try to maximize the torque characteristics of your diesel engine at lower revs.

Another improvement noted is that after using Sea Oil and additive, the engine feed pump does not seem to need to be given "CPR". Keeping the tank at least half full also helps.

Cheers!

Blaster

hi blaster,

ano nga palang ratio ng additive ng sea oil sa diesel? tnx.. try ko on my next fill. try ko rin palinis injectors ko soon..

nagtanong nga pala ko sa alabang motortown kung may OME silang leaf spring... wala daw. then ung fender flare nila para sa fuego ko is P6,500, fiberglass,flatblack. makatarungan ba sir?

cheers!

3. Join Date
    May 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by MartinTuazon View Post
    hi blaster,

ano nga palang ratio ng additive ng sea oil sa diesel? tnx.. try ko on my next fill. try ko rin palinis injectors ko soon..

nagtanong nga pala ko sa alabang motortown kung may OME silang leaf spring... wala daw. then ung fender flare nila para sa fuego ko is P6,500, fiberglass,flatblack. makatarungan ba sir?

cheers!
    I was told that their small bottle is good for every 20 liters of diesel. The additive is Bio Exceed. However, Sea Oil told me this morning that they don't sell it anymore in bottles at their stations since they have already added Bio Exceed to their fuel. Subukan mo sa Banawe dahil may nakita ako doon sa mga tindahan doon o subukan mo sa mga auto supply sa lugar niyo.

Tungkol sa fiberglass, wala akong mapagbasehan kaya di ko masagot. Hehehe.... Ito nga pala ang pwede mong tawagan para sa suspension parts:

Happy hunting!

Blaster

4. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Blaster87 View Post
    I was told that their small bottle is good for every 20 liters of diesel. The additive is Bio Exceed. However, Sea Oil told me this morning that they don't sell it anymore in bottles at their stations since they have already added Bio Exceed to their fuel. Subukan mo sa Banawe dahil may nakita ako doon sa mga tindahan doon o subukan mo sa mga auto supply sa lugar niyo.

Tungkol sa fiberglass, wala akong mapagbasehan kaya di ko masagot. Hehehe.... Ito nga pala ang pwede mong tawagan para sa suspension parts:

Happy hunting!

Blaster
    hi sir, I asked about the bio exceed pero wala na daw tlaga silang binebenta. Anong shop po kaya sa banawe yung nakitaan nyo yung fuel additive? same brand pa rin ba? is this locally made?

5. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    hi blaster, just registered to your site. good to know there is a site where fuego owners can share about their rides. posted some pics na. will post some more.
    hi martin, we have exactly the same model and year fuego.

6. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by toyboxph View Post
    hi blaster, just registered to your site. good to know there is a site where fuego owners can share about their rides. posted some pics na. will post some more.
    hi sir! ganda ng ning cite ni blaster noh. kita ko ung pick up mo..kinis kakainggit po.. ako rin magpopost ng pic pag nalinis ko na truck ko then maybe you guys can comment also..=)

i left messages nga po pala sa fuego site natin. tnx po.

7. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    hi blaster,

after following your advice of using sea oil bio diesel, i noticed the great decrease of emission smell. better pulling power also.

problem ko lang is pag bukas a/c ko, parang nananakaw ang torque. then pag traffic at tirik ang araw, parang slowly my truck would loose power. nawawala din lamig,kasabay ng dramatic fall ng rpm. ano kaya ang problem?

maybe you can also advice me kung anong
    tyre pressure ang tama. currently im using 32 on all 4's. ano lang ba ang allowable range?

thanks man.. cheers!

8. Join Date
    May 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by MartinTuazon View Post
    hi blaster,

after following your advice of using sea oil bio diesel, i noticed the great decrease of emission smell. better pulling power also.

This is very true. I also do less "CPR" on my feed pump when I use Sea Oil unless my fuel level is really low.

problem ko lang is pag bukas a/c ko, parang nananakaw ang torque. then pag traffic at tirik ang araw, parang slowly my truck would loose power. nawawala din lamig,kasabay ng dramatic fall ng rpm. ano kaya ang problem?

Unfortunately, this is a fact. Airconditioning, as with all other parasitical items that need a belt to function, does "rob" your engine of power. In effect, you also loose some economy. This is why when we feel that we need a little more power, we turn of the aircon or other accessories that are dependent on the alternator. All these, however, are a necessarey trade off for more comfort or maybe safety (as in the case of stronger lights=more load on the alternator).

When was the last time you had your aircon serviced/cleaned? Check the photo of my aircon cooling unit on our Fuego Site and see the soot, grime and dirt collected through the years. After cleaning and reservicing, you'll notice a BIG difference in the efficiency of your aircon. I think the whole servicing thing will not cost more than PhP1,600.00. Furthermore, when you get your tune up, have your aircon idle-up device adjusted to make your idle speed consistent when the aircon is on or off.

maybe you can also advice me kung anong
    tyre pressure ang tama. currently im using 32 on all 4's. ano lang ba ang allowable range?

A good starting point is o follow the manufacturer's (Isuzu) suggested tire pressure. I think it is on a sticker around one of the doors or in your manual. You can also use the recommended pressure on your tire. I would also suggest trying Nitrogen since you are mostly on the road. It helps keep your tire pressure more consistent as Nitrogen is not prone to leak as air is.

There is a wide range of tire pressure and you can tune it according to what you want (within the range though). Harder for more economy and softer for more comfort. Just keep it within range to stay within safety limits and also to keep tire wear balanced.

thanks man.. cheers!

Glad I could help. Let's see if we coould work out a mini eyeball if we could muster at least five. A good venue would be at The Fort in Taguig so it would be closer to your area. There are a lot of meetings of that sort that happen there on Sunday Mornings (Porsche, BMW, MB, Honda, Toyota, Mitusbishi, Kia, etc). There is a lot of space there and we could even have coffee after that. Bring your family if you have one. We could share more ideas and experiences during the meetings.

Cheers!

9. Join Date
    May 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by tomtom View Post
    hi sir, I asked about the bio exceed pero wala na daw tlaga silang binebenta. Anong shop po kaya sa banawe yung nakitaan nyo yung fuel additive? same brand pa rin ba? is this locally made?

Oo nga, Tomtom, Ang hirap na nga hanapin. I used to buy up to ten big bottles whenever I could since it is also more difficult to find that in the provinces. I also saw similar additives in Flying V. Ask them about the additive for diesel fuel. As to the performance, I could not truly attest to Flying V's since I've only tried it twice. Flying V seems to have more stations so that is my alternate BioDiesel source but I still try to load uup on Sea Oil. Hence I always have a spare tank or two loaded with extra fuel.

Sa Banawe, I think you can find that in NIS-PARTS CENTER (sa harap ng Children's Medical Center). Di ako sigurado sa iba pero doon ko naalala na nakita ko kasi doon ako nagtagal. That's where I was able to get my feed pump, tail lamp assembly (2), Signal light assembly (2). All at a reasonable price, I must say. I did a lot of canvassing also before I settled for their price (I started canvassing in the morning and finally got the items after lunch). Oh, by the way, look for Romy or the girl at the counter.

Cheers!

10. Join Date
    May 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by toyboxph View Post
    That is OUR site, bro. I just felt the need last year since I found it very difficult to find references for the Fuego. It is one dependable and durable truck but I was surprised that there seemed to be no clubs or groups of Fuego owners. This is why I also post part numbers and photos for our reference especially when we need to replace stuff and canvass for prices. I did notice that there are a number of Fuegos posted at Car Domain but mostly the lowered variety. The trucks there are beautiful, however.

Cheers!

Page 5 of 21 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast
Fuego Owners