New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    May 2009
    hello gurus...

I have two questions? I owned a 2005 XT Crosswind and my problem is this;

1. When my crosswind is on stiff road front facing the inclined road and engage in reverse engine dies out even the clutch is fully pressed..one time I tried to bring it to neutral but to no avail engine also dies out..DOes anybody has experience as of mine which you can share?

2. Another thing is..is it normal that crosswind jerk during slow moving traffic on 2nd or 3rd gear with clutch not pressed and also the accelarator..because mine jerks in a while and after depressed the clutch it is all gone..is it normal?

Hope someone could give some infos regarding my querries...Thanks and more power tsikot..>!!!Safe driving to all!!

2. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    1. When my crosswind is on stiff road front facing the inclined road and engage in reverse engine dies out even the clutch is fully pressed..one time I tried to bring it to neutral but to no avail engine also dies out..DOes anybody has experience as of mine which you can share?

Boss, baka kaunti nalang ang diesel niyo so kakaunti lang ang pumapasok na fuel.

2. Another thing is..is it normal that crosswind jerk during slow moving traffic on 2nd or 3rd gear with clutch not pressed and also the accelarator..because mine jerks in a while and after depressed the clutch it is all gone..is it normal?

Jerking is normal kung naka-aircon ka. Kapag nag-engage ang compressor (not sure kung ito yung nag-eengage kapag kailangan nang lumamig nung aircon) doon mo mararamdaman ang jerking.

3. Join Date
    Jun 2009
    about when at an inclined road going up and stopping my engine rpm drops but not to the point that it dies out

i think this is normal because i have 2 highlander and both are the same when in that situation

4. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Its also possible that your fuel filter might already need replacing.

5. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    sir i bet you mean "steep" and not "stiff" roads

anyway, i agree with the posts above. insufficient fuel might be coming in that's why your engine dies.

6. Join Date
    Sep 2009
    bro baka yung "little knob" na sa may gilid mo sa may kaliwa yung pang taas ng menor eh naka todo phit pakaliwa. try mo pihitin pa kanan til you reach the right rpm.
    ganyan di nangyari sakin sa edsa, di pa nga "steep" inclined lang namamatayan ako. yun pala kasi pinihit ko todo pakaliwa yung knob dahil naiingayan ako sa tunog ng makina at di ko pa alam kung ano talaga ang purpose nung "knob" until i read a thread regarding this.
    ngayon ok na ok na ang ride ko.
    hope this helps.

engine dies out when hanging on stiff road