New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Hi guys,

Do you give something to the service crews whenever you drop by the casa?

I want to know what is the industry practice. I have never given anything to my contacts (who also was the sales agent) at Isuzu and Toyota and I do not want to be thought of as an uncle scrooge..

2. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    No why give them tips? They charge you expensive labor fees!!! This is not waiters and security guards...

3. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    No. My Service advisor and Sales agent could be earning more than I am. I always bring a gift though.

I think tips apply more for blue collar workers (waiter, mechanic, driver etc)

4. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    i don't.

5. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    +1 to Cathy posted.

I personally find it awkward doing that to an SA or SE but if I have direct access to the attending mechanic, I would likely give a tip. Befriending and knowing important dates of your SA/SE would be advisable so you create a "relationship" with them --- providing the same aimed result (extra attention to your vehicle when having it serviced at that dealer)

6. Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by PATSYS50 View Post
    Hi guys,

Do you give something to the service crews whenever you drop by the casa?

I want to know what is the industry practice. I have never given anything to my contacts (who also was the sales agent) at Isuzu and Toyota and I do not want to be thought of as an uncle scrooge..

If youre generous enough, why not?

nagbibigay ako sa SA ko, just to make sure prioritized ang
    sasakyan and nababantayan nya...

this is the other way na madaling makakakuha ng warranty claim
    without being asked...

7. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Good to hear guys.

I do not talk to mechanics as well, the sales guy who talked me into buying the unit had always been my first level single point of contact from pms to insurance.

Do you give tips to your dealer agents everytime you visit them?