New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Hi po mga Sirs,

My parents are planning to buy a new ride this year. Sabi ko sa kanila diesel na kasi in the long run, matipid. Nagsuggest po ako sa kanila na pick-up na yung bilhin. We are choosing either Navara or Dmax. Could you give me your thoughts regarding:

1. Fuel consumption
    2. Interior
    3. Parts ( availability outside casa)
    4. Ride feel (tagtag, turning radius)
    5. Other insights regarding the 2 pick ups

Ask ko na din po, mas mahaba po ba yung Navara compare sa Dmax? and hindi po ba nakakailang i-drive ang pick up? nasanay po kasi ako sa koche..
    :-)

Thanks in advance po

2. Join Date
    Jun 2009
    1. Fuel consumption - navara siguro with its more modern engine?
    2. Interior - navara. mas malaki especially sa likod. pero id like to have the ice/gps package of the dmax. overall interior of the dmax is ok too. un lang masikep sa likod
    3. Parts ( availability outside casa) - no idea here. pero i guess dmax. since matagal na siya sa market. plus maybe it shares din some components from other isuzu cars.
    4. Ride feel (tagtag, turning radius). - FOR ME, navara comes a close second after strada when it comes to ride comfort. then ranger then dmax.
    5. Other insights regarding the 2 pick ups - if i were in the market NOW, id prolly get the navara. pero, dmax has this macho appeal na bagay talaga sa lalake. am sure you cant go wrong with either of the two. choose kung ano mas malakas ang tawag sayo AFTER you test drive it. no wrong decisions here.
    6. Other inputs - baka you can wait for the ranger t-6 next year. its worth the wait IMO.

3. Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Sir dcph172,

Thanks sir. Yun nga din po sabi ko sa kanila, kasi lalabas na yung t6 ng ford. pero sir, balita ko mas malaki daw yung compare sa latest ranger. hindi po ba mahirap yung parts ng Ford? and compare po sa Dmax and Navara, anu po yung lamang nya?

Sir bale yung pinaka maluwag yung navara?

4. Join Date
    Jun 2009
    mas maluwag ang navara sa dmax. that im sure. pero ang strada maluwag din. add to the fact na hinde masyado straight ang sandalan ng bench sa likod kaya mas maluwag ang feeling ng strada sa navara. navara kasi, as with other pickups, straight ang sandalan sa likod. as per cabin volume, i cant say kung alin ang may pinaka maluwag na cab sa philippine market.

we have had two rangers. the second and the third gen. as to parts, am not too sure since im not really involved with its maintanance. so far, wala pa naman ako naririnig na nagkaproblema sa parts kasi otherwise, hinde na sana siya umaandar ngayon considering the fact na bugbog ang ranger namen because its used as a workhorse. walang problem so far aside from the paint job kasi hinde nalilines hehe

and yes MALAKI ang T6. and accdg to ford guru, sir tidus, its about 90% (or 95% ba?) of the size of F150. so prolly the biggest in the philippine market when it hits the shore.

5. Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by yipper_kaldr View Post
    Hi po mga Sirs,

My parents are planning to buy a new ride this year. Sabi ko sa kanila diesel na kasi in the long run, matipid. Nagsuggest po ako sa kanila na pick-up na yung bilhin. We are choosing either Navara or Dmax. Could you give me your thoughts regarding:

1. Fuel consumption
    2. Interior
    3. Parts ( availability outside casa)
    4. Ride feel (tagtag, turning radius)
    5. Other insights regarding the 2 pick ups

Ask ko na din po, mas mahaba po ba yung Navara compare sa Dmax? and hindi po ba nakakailang i-drive ang pick up? nasanay po kasi ako sa koche..
    :-)

Thanks in advance po

For the thread starter:

Chief, may nakuha na kayong pickup?

6. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Just to share, I bought the D-Max recently and here's why I chose the D-Max over the Navara:

1. Isuzu diesel engine (proven)
    2. Higher stance. Changed my tires to 265/70/R16 to make it even higher.
    3. Not too big. Easier to bring around the city
    4. Great interior (black/grey colors, GPS, leather seats)
    5. Better driving feel when I did the test drive for both units.
    6. I also like the engine noise.
    7. From what I read, best FC compared to other pick ups (although I was a little disappointed with this).

7. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    parehas lang na proven ang makina ng isuzu at nissan when it comes to diesel. Mas pino at less ang vibration ng nissan. Sa parts naman e parehong mahal yan kung oem parts, but since brand new yan matagal pa bago masira lalo na kung kayo lang ang gagamit.
    Mula ng dumating yan navara e di pa natatalo as pickup king!

8. Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by kkreuk18 View Post
    parehas lang na proven ang makina ng isuzu at nissan when it comes to diesel. Mas pino at less ang vibration ng nissan. Sa parts naman e parehong mahal yan kung oem parts, but since brand new yan matagal pa bago masira lalo na kung kayo lang ang gagamit.
    Mula ng dumating yan navara e di pa natatalo as pickup king!

Pickup king chief? The Navara

Bakit dahil ba sa 174 ps and 403 Nm peak torque nito?
    ....Yes, BUT you have to wring out its neck up to 4000 rpm just to squeeze out that 174 ps???? And what about the torque of the Navara, where nothing really happens below 2000 rpm and then suddenly it kicks in right only at that 2000 rpm spot and starts to dip-down rapidly through the rev range.... As far as i know, the peak horsepower of the Navara is COMPENSATED only by its rpm as you go along the powerband, and NOT because the torque is peaking up thru the rev range ahihi

Do you want a hauler, tower and going up a hill with this kind of powerband?

In an observant eye, normally one would choose from any of these kind of powerband for a hauler, and a tower.... and for going up a technical hill where "traction" and "responsive low-end torque" takes precedence over sheer horsepower....

Sa acceleration at hatak naman chief, ang alam ko kinain ng 2.5-litre Strada "GTV" (178 ps, 350 Nm torque) lately yang Navara sa 400-m drag-race ng Top Gear Phils. kamakailan lang chief....

If one (and only if) would ask me which UTILITY pickup is the best amongst the available HERE in Philippines at the moment, it would still be the 3-litre Hilux or 3-litre Ford Ranger XLT.

The 3-litre Hilux produces 163 ps and 343 Nm peak torque delivered from as low as 1400 rpm to 3200 rpm.

The 3-litre Ranger, on the other hand, makes 156 ps and its 380 Nm torque delivers it from 1800 rpm to 2500 rpm.

9. Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by domski View Post
    Just to share, I bought the D-Max recently and here's why I chose the D-Max over the Navara:

7. From what I read, best FC compared to other pick ups (although I was a little disappointed with this).

Are you past your break-in period yet chief?

Is it manual-transmission or automatic? And how do you use it?

10. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by hinDMaxsiado View Post
    Are you past your break-in period yet chief?

Is it manual-transmission or automatic? And how do you use it?
    automatic transmission and it's about to reach 4000km soon. About 70% city driving daily. I only get 8 to 8.5km/L.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Dmax/Navara