New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    to all isuzu crosswind owners:
    i have been a frequent viewer in all your posts. it has helped me convince my brother in getting the 2008 Sportivo.ung sakin kasi kia sportage diesel. he had it for two weeks now and i wouldn't call him a proud owner of one. since the day of release, many defects of the new unit was noted and many more on the subsequent days of use. namely:

1. defective aircon since the day of release (nawawala ang lamig pag naka-idle ang sasakyan; sabi ng dealer bago pa daw kasi o kaya kulang pa sa gasolina kasi almost empty nung nakuha; 1 week na at lagi half full ang tank eh namamatay pa rin lamig)
    2. ung dirvers side door di naka-align, di sumasara ng maayos ( pero inayos naman agad at inadjust) so far, di pa nahuhulog
    3. ung tint na pinalagay namin, puro scratches and bubbles (sabi ng dealer, kalalagay lang daw kasi; 1 week na eh may bubbles pa rin at lalo dumami)
    4. steering wheel hindi naka-center (sabi ng dealer, di daw kc pantay kalsada pero kahit nasa flat surface na, di pa rin center)
    5. handbrake (hand mo gamitin mo pang brake, sobra hina kasi)
    6. upuan ng driver's seat parang may alagang daga sa ilalim (laging may lumulagatok)
    7. gulong hindi naka-align since the day of release; kumakabig sa kanan pag brake mo (sabi ng dealer, bago pa daw kasi brake pads)
    8. ung front and rear bumpers maluwag, parang mahuhulog ( sabi ng dealer design daw un "aerodynamic" meaning pag hinangin, lipad ang bumper mo)

i dont know kung ganito rin ang sportivo nyo since the day of release. we are thinking of demanding for a change of unit dahil marami defects. i also noticed kasi na ala sya quality control sticker sa windshield nung ni-release.

it is also important to note na di naging maganda ang service nung dealer or baka naman mismong planta ang may problema.

just recently, ung muffler exhaust eh medyo maitim na rin ang usok. i just dont know if ganito talaga sportivo.

thanks in advance for your replies. it would be a big help for me and my brother.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    WTF? Those are some pretty lame excuses by your dealer... ask them to fix those problems... if they can't, ask for a refund... the Vehicle Lemon Law is already in place.

:boo:

bigbigcar.com Review: Mercedes-Benz C200 Kompressor Avantgarde
    Last edited by mazdamazda; May 7th, 2008 at 05:59 PM.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Lagay nyo d2 san dealer para maiwasan na.

4. Join Date
    May 2006
    baka test drive unit (tama ba?)

5. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    from the sound of it parang dati nang nabangga yun kotse at inayos lang a...but i may be wrong...

6. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Onatmd View Post
    i have been a frequent viewer in all your posts. it has helped me convince my brother in getting the 2008 Sportivo.ung sakin kasi kia sportage diesel. he had it for two weeks now and i wouldn't call him a proud owner of one. since the day of release, many defects of the new unit was noted and many more on the subsequent days of use. namely:

1. defective aircon since the day of release (nawawala ang lamig pag naka-idle ang sasakyan; sabi ng dealer bago pa daw kasi o kaya kulang pa sa gasolina kasi almost empty nung nakuha; 1 week na at lagi half full ang tank eh namamatay pa rin lamig)
    2. ung dirvers side door di naka-align, di sumasara ng maayos ( pero inayos naman agad at inadjust) so far, di pa nahuhulog
    3. ung tint na pinalagay namin, puro scratches and bubbles (sabi ng dealer, kalalagay lang daw kasi; 1 week na eh may bubbles pa rin at lalo dumami)
    4. steering wheel hindi naka-center (sabi ng dealer, di daw kc pantay kalsada pero kahit nasa flat surface na, di pa rin center)
    6. upuan ng driver's seat parang may alagang daga sa ilalim (laging may lumulagatok)
    7. gulong hindi naka-align since the day of release; kumakabig sa kanan pag brake mo (sabi ng dealer, bago pa daw kasi brake pads)
    8. ung front and rear bumpers maluwag, parang mahuhulog ( sabi ng dealer design daw un "aerodynamic" meaning pag hinangin, lipad ang bumper mo)

i dont know kung ganito rin ang sportivo nyo since the day of release. we are thinking of demanding for a change of unit dahil marami defects. i also noticed kasi na ala sya quality control sticker sa windshield nung ni-release.

it is also important to note na di naging maganda ang service nung dealer or baka naman mismong planta ang may problema.

just recently, ung muffler exhaust eh medyo maitim na rin ang usok. i just dont know if ganito talaga sportivo.

thanks in advance for your replies. it would be a big help for me and my brother.
    Tama si Mazdamazda. That's a complete load of bullsh*t they're feeding you.

New tint won't have bubbles or scratches. If the tint is scratched, that's incorrect installation and should be replaced.

If the aircon isn't cold, they should refill it with refrigerant.

Driver's side door? They still haven't fixed that issue? Crosswind doors come out of alignment easily. They're heavy and the hinges are soft metal... but they should be aligned when new.

The noisy seat. Most likely loose bolt. Have them fix it.

Bumpers? Aerodynamics? Bwahahaha. Tell him he's full of crap, for me. The bumpers have large panel gaps because they're designed that way. It's not pretty, but it gets the work done. But if you mean that they're maluwag as in easy to move. Slap him and have him tighten it.

Brake pads have no affect on steering alignment. And if they do, then the pads need to be replaced, it's dangerous to have sticking pads. The dealer is right that most streets will cause the vehicle to pull to the right, but with those issues, they should fix it.

Smoke? Normal for Crosswinds. Apparently, normal even for Euro II Crosswinds, if this is the case.

Mukhang binobola kayo ng dealer so that by the time you decide to return the unit, it'll be too late to demand a full trade. Sit down with the dealership manager and relay to him how unhappy you are with how the sales rep is handling your case. Just the facts that the AC is not cold, the tint was poorly done and the people are giving you BS about the alignment should raise alarm bells.

If you actually have to pay for AC work, that's really expensive sh*t. Last time we serviced our Crosswind aircon (at 120,000 kms), it cost us 12k pesos... outside the casa.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

7. Join Date
    May 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Onatmd View Post

that seems to be too many problems right after the purchase 'ha!???

it seems that your dealer is good in "logical reasoning"... i do agree with mazdamazda- the Law is in place. You can always write to Isuzu Phils Corp. about this. thanks.

8. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    thanks for all your quick replies.
    we already talked to the dealer near hypermarket. and they are willing to fix the problem. takot lang nila kung mademanda. but we already infromed isuzuphil about the issue.
    i dont know if it is the test drive unit they gave us. but they told us it is brand new, direct from the plant. only the tint was installed by the dealer and now they are willing to replace it(ibig sabihin, dapat talaga ala bubbles like you guys said). they also just finished fixing the aircon (maluwag daw ung wire na nakakabit sa compressor), they also re-aligned the wheels (meaning to say, di nga naka-align; buti na lang mabagal mag-drive bro ko kasi daw bago).
    kaya lang hassle sa oras at pagod. we may or would be demanding for a change of unit or a full refund if it comes to that.
    thanks again. we'll keep you posted.

9. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    sabi nga ng isuzu mechanic na napangasawa ng former kasambahay namin, ang sportivo daw ang 2nd coming ng trooper

10. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    No... no... that's the Alterra...

Oh, he meant it was as good as the Trooper?

Actually, I'd angle for a service deal. Ask for a discount or a number of free PMSs in exchange for the hassle.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast
Defective Sportivo 2008