New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Mar 2011
    mga sir new lang po ako hehe ask lang po gusto ko kasi palitan stock mags ng crosswind saan po ba ako mkakahanap ng 18 inch mags 6 holes for xt thank you po hehe

2. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by mac16 View Post
    mga sir new lang po ako hehe ask lang po gusto ko kasi palitan stock mags ng crosswind saan po ba ako mkakahanap ng 18 inch mags 6 holes for xt thank you po hehe
    Nice! CONGRATULATIONS!!!

As to your query, any reputable wheel shop would have 1 or 2 recommendations for you to choose from. Note that you are aiming for a 3" bigger rim diamter from the stock rim. It is highly likely that the width of the 18" rim be around 7.5-8". That would be sticking out of the wheel well. Baka magmukhang skateboard XT mo.

If I may give my opinion on your plan, keep the 15" OEM rims. They look good.... and I see no point of changing the rims (not to mention spending extra) if it's the same rims size, right? I have tried slapping on 18" rims on my Crosswind..... but that was an XUVi.... with fender flares. Likewise, I had to be really careful in getting the right offset for the rims and tire size for they'd be sticking our of the wheel well.

Lastly, give this one long thought. Looks and comfort hardly co-exist. More often than not, when you go for the looks, you compromise the comfort (ride). Decide on what you prioritize: LOOKS or COMFORT.

Eitherway, you're a winner for getting an ISUZU!

3. Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by Benzmizer View Post
    Nice! CONGRATULATIONS!!!

As to your query, any reputable wheel shop would have 1 or 2 recommendations for you to choose from. Note that you are aiming for a 3" bigger rim diamter from the stock rim. It is highly likely that the width of the 18" rim be around 7.5-8". That would be sticking out of the wheel well. Baka magmukhang skateboard XT mo.

If I may give my opinion on your plan, keep the 15" OEM rims. They look good.... and I see no point of changing the rims (not to mention spending extra) if it's the same rims size, right? I have tried slapping on 18" rims on my Crosswind..... but that was an XUVi.... with fender flares. Likewise, I had to be really careful in getting the right offset for the rims and tire size for they'd be sticking our of the wheel well.

Lastly, give this one long thought. Looks and comfort hardly co-exist. More often than not, when you go for the looks, you compromise the comfort (ride). Decide on what you prioritize: LOOKS or COMFORT.

Eitherway, you're a winner for getting an ISUZU!
    Ty very much sir Benz, i too am considering to have the tires of my XTi replaced with bigger ones. Is it safer to go for a bigger set of tires than retain the original ones, especially during long drives? I heard from someone that bigger tires are less likely to explode while driving compared to smaller tires, is this true?

ty po

4. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by humpsterxti View Post
    Ty very much sir Benz, i too am considering to have the tires of my XTi replaced with bigger ones. Is it safer to go for a bigger set of tires than retain the original ones, especially during long drives? I heard from someone that bigger tires are less likely to explode while driving compared to smaller tires, is this true?

ty po
    No. That is not true that the "bigger" the tires, the more likely it is to "explode". That's balony.

"Bigger tires" are likely to either compromise the riding comfort (likely bigger diameter >> 16"-up) since the tires' flate rate (series) would become thinner to commodate fitment in fender or make the ride too bouncy/unstable (likely wider tires >> 205 > 215-up) since there will be more air in the tires than suggested. These are some of the common consequences when you increase rim/tire size.

Personally, I would drop the idea of changing the rims to bigger size but whichever direction you would take, it all depends on your priority.

crosswind xt