New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Hello to everyone. We are about to purchase our first vehicle. It will be more of a weekend vehicle for out of town trips as we live near our workplace (walking distance), We will be using it mostly to go to Batangas, Cavite and occasional trips to Pangasinan. We decided on an AUV as we will be lugging a lot of wet salty gear and do not have the budget for a proper SUV. It came down to the Adventure and the Crosswind. The crosswind won, mostly due to its reliability and fuel economy. We are trying to decide on which variant. The XT looks nice with "power everything" but the 133,000 premium over the XS seems steep. Is it worth the money? Is it true that the only difference between the XS and XT is the dual air-con and the 3rd row seats? Is this worth 44,000? We are thinking of just getting the XS and "dress it up" with central locking, front power windows (if possible) and mags. Is this a viable option? Or will I just end up spending more? Any Isuzu dealers out there willing to helps?

Thanks in advance,

Richard

2. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Well if the XS doesn't have third row seats then you just simply bought a diesel CUV with a huge trunk.

Since you're probably gonna haul a lot of people, the third row seats are a must.

Hence I'd rather get the XT on this one. However, if the XS has third row seats then that would do. Don't even bother upgrading to power and rims, you'll end up spending more

3. Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by renzo_d10 View Post
    Well if the XS doesn't have third row seats then you just simply bought a diesel CUV with a huge trunk.

Since you're probably gonna haul a lot of people, the third row seats are a must.

Hence I'd rather get the XT on this one. However, if the XS has third row seats then that would do. Don't even bother upgrading to power and rims, you'll end up spending more
    Thanks! There will only be two of us and the rest would be SCUBA gear so we do not need the seats. My concern is if the "non-dual" air-con will be enough for the front passengers.

4. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    I see.

From what I heard, and from experience as well, Isuzu's airconditioning is pretty good. So I guess, the front vents would already suffice. On most CUVs anyway, it did. Most CUVs don't have dual aircon vents.

Just make sure that you take care of the airconditioning through proper maintenance and might as well invest on good tints so at least the AC system would have a "buddy" on keeping the heat off inside the cabin.

And, btw, when driving the Crosswind, might as well not drive along Kalayaan Ave (C5) unless you want to deal with the ASBUs

5. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    put in some more dough those oversized plastic bins for the salt then... :-)

6. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Try to consider 2 door pickup variants: Strada, Ranger, Hilux.

7. Join Date
    May 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by Pao11 View Post
    Thanks! There will only be two of us and the rest would be SCUBA gear so we do not need the seats. My concern is if the "non-dual" air-con will be enough for the front passengers.
    Kung all the time 2 lang kayo, front aircon would suffice...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8. Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Thanks everyone! I'm now thinking of getting the XS and planning to have a security system/central locking installed as the vehicle will be left unattended overnight for those trips. Will the casa security system suffice? Or is a third party system better? If so any suggestions? Will installing a third party system void the electrical warranty? Thanks in advance everyone!

9. Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by Pao11 View Post
    Thanks everyone! I'm now thinking of getting the XS and planning to have a security system/central locking installed as the vehicle will be left unattended overnight for those trips. Will the casa security system suffice? Or is a third party system better? If so any suggestions? Will installing a third party system void the electrical warranty? Thanks in advance everyone!
    The manual system is enough already, though if you love to have the benefit of just having to press a button instead of using the keys in unlocking the car, then go and buy a central locking system. A third party system is cheaper as compared to the one being offered in the casa and it wouldn't do any damage to the electrical system (the electrical system of the crosswind is way too simple for it to go haywire with a simple installation of central locking system just make sure that the one you are buying will also be installed by the seller).

P.S.: All cars have issues with salty environments (also ask the dealer if they have already rustproofed the under chassis) , I suggest that after the trip, you thoroughly wash it.

10. Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by jzimmer View Post
    The manual system is enough already, though if you love to have the benefit of just having to press a button instead of using the keys in unlocking the car, then go and buy a central locking system. A third party system is cheaper as compared to the one being offered in the casa and it wouldn't do any damage to the electrical system (the electrical system of the crosswind is way too simple for it to go haywire with a simple installation of central locking system just make sure that the one you are buying will also be installed by the seller).

P.S.: All cars have issues with salty environments (also ask the dealer if they have already rustproofed the under chassis) , I suggest that after the trip, you thoroughly wash it.
    Thank you very much!

The Innova J is looking attractive, especially with the discounts flying around at the world of Toyota expo :-). Any thoughts on Innova J vs the XL which is roughly at the same price after discounts. Thanks in advance!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast