New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Good afternoon Sir/ Ma'am,

I am planning to buy a second hand Isuzu Sportivo X M/T and I would like to ask for inputs and comments on the prospects I saw from two separate dealers. These are the models and specifications.

a. 2013 Sportivo with 14Tkms ODO reading (plus points on the LCD monitors on the front headrest) - 758K
    b. 2014 Sportivo with 32Tkms ODO reading (plus points on the roof rack already installed but w/o LCD monitors) - 725k

I know that the Isuzu already stopped the production of the Crosswind line models and there are other SUVs that can match or even exceed the performance and reliability of the Crosswind. However, my decision on choosing the Sportivo was based on the functions that our family needs especially the fuel consumption, maintenance cost and the ability to carry 10 people (I am planning to change the third row seats to bench type seats).

May I also ask your inputs on what are the parts to check especially on the engine, this is our first time to purchase a diesel powered vehicle.

Thank you so much Sirs/Ma'am! Your inputs are highly appreciated. I am hoping that you can help us decide.

2. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    when i read the word "dealers",
    i recommend TS buy from actual owners and not dealers. marami namang owner-sellers diyan. kaunting tiyaga lang.

even as it has officially ceased production, i do not think there will be difficulty maintaining them. they are popular auvs, with lots of users, knowledgeable mechanics, and lots of parts available for many more years to come.
    Last edited by dr. d; February 15th, 2018 at 11:29 AM.

3. Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    when i read the word "dealers",
    i recommend TS buy from actual owners and not dealers. marami namang owner-sellers diyan. kaunting tiyaga lang.

even as it has officially ceased production, i do not think there will be difficulty maintaining them. they are popular auvs, with lots of users, knowledgeable mechanics, and lots of parts available for many more years to come.
    Hi Sir, Thank you for the feedback. We are planning to have the unit processed through financing, and most if not all private sellers are looking for straight cash deal, that's why it is kindly very hard to look for a financing terms on private sellers.

4. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Emlfg09 View Post
    Hi Sir, Thank you for the feedback. We are planning to have the unit processed through financing, and most if not all private sellers are looking for straight cash deal, that's why it is kindly very hard to look for a financing terms on private sellers.
    noted, po!
    good luck.

5. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Hindi ba masyado mababa 14Tkms odo?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

6. Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by sean-archer View Post
    Hindi ba masyado mababa 14Tkms odo?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
    A little puzzled din ako Sir, considering the unit is older than the other. If computed, the unit has been traveled on a 2,800kms per year, starting from 2013.

7. Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Possible yan. Ako atleast 12kms a day lang takbo ko. (house-office-house). Then kapag weekends hindi ko ginagamit.

Lalabas almost 2500 kms a year lang.

8. Join Date
    Sep 2010
    A little puzzled din ako Sir, considering the unit is older than the other. If computed, the unit has been traveled on a 2,800kms per year, starting from 2013.
    OO nga mag sir, sobrang baba ng mileage. Yung kotse ng nanay ko very seldom used (as in pang palengke niya lang at mall na at least 5 kms ang layo from our house) eh nag aaverage siya ng 5 to 6 thousand kilometers per year.

9. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    ...which is why i prefer buying from the actual owner.
    if the odometer was tampered with, i wonder, what else was tampered with?
    "suspicions."

10. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Bihasa ang mga dealers to reply to the question on the low mileage.....

Pero kung actual owner,- you can sense if they're telling the truth (or not),- and if you were able to visit their place, - you can check their garage if they have a few more vehicles to rotate for their day to day requirements.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast