New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    I saw on tv just now about this car camera installed on the windshield of the car, just below the rear view mirror.

Anybody knows if this is sold anywhere here in metro manila?

Thanks

2. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by PATSYS50 View Post
    I saw on tv just now about this car camera installed on the windshield of the car, just below the rear view mirror.

Anybody knows if this is sold anywhere here in metro manila?

Thanks
    Are you referring to the camera or the monitor (usually 3-3.5" in size) where you see what the reverse camera sees?

3. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Yes, I am referring to those.

I just found one of them in SULIT

http://www.sulit.com.ph/index.php/vi...rds=car+camera

Above is good enough for me but will keep comparing just to be sure I'll be buying the best value for money.

4. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Benzmizer View Post
    Are you referring to the camera or the monitor (usually 3-3.5" in size) where you see what the reverse camera sees?
    I see. That's different to what I was referring at.

Question thou.... for what purpose would you need a "driving cam" for?

5. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Primarily for accidents, as a proof later for police reports, insurance, etc.

Also for abusive cops/traffic enforcers - never happened to me yet but heard some stories.

Other purposes would be if I want to take a video of some long road trips, etc.

6. Join Date
    Feb 2005

Also for abusive cops/traffic enforcers - never happened to me yet but heard some stories.

I see. Makes sense.

I-You-Scoop mo!

7. Join Date
    Jun 2008

Sir PATSYS50 kindly post it here if the Camera serves you well?
    I think I want one..

Car cameras - where to buy?