New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    yeah overfilling is bad for ur engine..

2. FrankDrebin Guest
    Bakit ako 4 liters lang ang nilalagay ko? sa dipstick kasi ay ok na ang 4. Kapag 5 liters sobra na. Ride is Highlander.

3. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    damdam

isuzuka ko talaga ang pagka epal ng service nila!!!

4. Join Date
    Jul 2003
    One thing i also noticed, isuzu service, instead of putting first the prescribed amount of oil, ex 5 liters. they put first 1 gallon, then add paunti unti. While the engine is hot and one time i-start pa nila "para ikot langis". How dumb. talagang sukat nila kulang sa dipstick kasi wala pa sa oil pan, nasa engine. Tapos mag add pa sila. Mag sobra talaga oil after settling overnight. Dumb.

And its the dealer doing the wrong practice, not the DIY owner.

Quote Originally Posted by kurt
    Consumer Reports 2005, it said there is a federal law that protects consumer's right to DIY simple things like oil change, without in-validating the warranty. Hope we have a similar law here in addition to the lemon law.
    I Agree with this.

I once had an argument with the SA, I was insisting they put only 5 liters of engine oil since the manual clearly states only 5.2 liters. I willl be the one to add the 200ml. They said its 6 liters. I was ok with 5.5 liters but their practice or training makes them put 6 liters. Or else they said.
    Can you post his name here? What the heck? Do they know the consequenses of overfilling the engine? Stupid! Stupid! Stupid! or worst sinasadya. And he calls himself a SA? He should be fired.

6. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    so if the isuzu dealers can't PMS the car right..then..saan dapat pumunta ang mga isuzugurus for maintenance?

7. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by FrankDrebin
    Bakit ako 4 liters lang ang nilalagay ko? sa dipstick kasi ay ok na ang 4. Kapag 5 liters sobra na. Ride is Highlander.

korek ka dyan sir 4 liters lang laman ng 4ja1 kahit new filter.

8. Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by ILuvDetailing
    I Agree with this.

Can you post his name here? What the heck? Do they know the consequenses of overfilling the engine? Stupid! Stupid! Stupid! or worst sinasadya. And he calls himself a SA? He should be fired.
    I think thats not allowed. All i can give is the advise that we owners should also be vigilant on what the casa service is doing. Being the authorized service does not mean they are the best service always.

For any one interested, Its the consumer reports april 2005 edition, page 25. thats where i read US federal laws protects consumer's right to DIY oil change without affecting warranty.

9. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    sana maayus na yan... sayang naman mga vehicles nila...

10. FrankDrebin Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by x-wind
    korek ka dyan sir 4 liters lang laman ng 4ja1 kahit new filter.
    Ok. Salamat master x-wind!

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
Bad,Bad,BAD! Isuzu dealer...