New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Hi all,

My Isuzu Alterra has monitors mounted on the headrest of the front seat.

I am thinking of installing headrest with monitor on the 2nd row seat so that the 3rd row seatr passenger can enjoy watching as well.

Problem is that the headrests being sold by Isuzu Pasig has totally different color and texture than the seat cover in my car.

1. Does any one here knows of a good place to buy headrest with monitors? My seat cover is beige (Light cafe) and it is real leather.

2. I've seen one along pioneer street and it is only P10K and will take them 1.5 hours to install. Is this a good buy?

3. I asked Isuzu Pasig if I can buy the headrest outside and they will install it ( I will pay their labor) and they said they can not do that. What are the implications on my car's warranty if I have these installed by outsiders? Will these void my car stereo's warratny considering that the electricals will be redone?

Thanks

2. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Also any of you guys know of anybody who can resuse my existing 2nd row headrest and install monitor on them?

This way, I can be sure that the testure and the color are remains the same.

3. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Surely, when you tamper on the electricals of your car, there is a big chance that the warranty would be void (you'll just have to pray that nothing goes wrong with your vehicle until its warranty lapses 3 years from purchase).

Winterpine Marketing along Araneta Ave in QC may be able to help you. From my knowledge, they supply to most OEM units assembled. Ergo, there is a fat chance that they may be the supplier for the Alterra.

4. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Hi Benzmizer,

According to the guy who was selling me the headrest with monitor, installation of such will not void the car warranty because all he has to do is connect an RCA splitter.

It will void daw the entertainment system warranty but not the car.

How true is this?

I've been trying to call me contact in Isuzu Pasg he is not picking up..

5. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by PATSYS50 View Post
    Hi Benzmizer,

According to the guy who was selling me the headrest with monitor, installation of such will not void the car warranty because all he has to do is connect an RCA splitter.

It will void daw the entertainment system warranty but not the car.

How true is this?

I've been trying to call me contact in Isuzu Pasg he is not picking up..
    Possible.... to as long as no splicing would be performed and the added load would not cause other electrical components to go kaput then you're likely "safe".

6. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Hi Benzmizer,

If I were able to find a matching headrest with monitor in Winterpine, do you think I can insist with Isuzu Pasig to have it installed in my unit? This way, I acn be sure that my warranty stays intact.

According to their guys at the accessories they do not install parts that are not bought from them. Problem is that the headrest that they are selling does not match my seat cover both in color and texture (nevermind that it is almost 4x more expensive).

I will ask them again and if they say no, I am thinking of escalating this elsewhere.

I also own an Toyota unit and at this point, I am beginning to see a huge disparity between the after sales support/service of Isuzu and Toyota. In Toyota, almost everything is possible if I want to do some "feel-good" things to my car.

7. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by PATSYS50 View Post
    Hi Benzmizer,

If I were able to find a matching headrest with monitor in Winterpine, do you think I can insist with Isuzu Pasig to have it installed in my unit? This way, I acn be sure that my warranty stays intact.

According to their guys at the accessories they do not install parts that are not bought from them. Problem is that the headrest that they are selling does not match my seat cover both in color and texture (nevermind that it is almost 4x more expensive).

I will ask them again and if they say no, I am thinking of escalating this elsewhere.

I also own an Toyota unit and at this point, I am beginning to see a huge disparity between the after sales support/service of Isuzu and Toyota. In Toyota, almost everything is possible if I want to do some "feel-good" things to my car.
    I understand the disappointment you are feeling. On the other hand, I would like to think that the dealer (Pasig) is hesitant to vouch for an item they have not assessed/tested. They may do a perfect job installing it but if the item brought by the owner is faulty, they may be blamed for it. I'll have to give that to them.

I would suggest that you kindly discuss thru their Service Manager your request. I think you'd have a better chance achieving an agreement with them.

8. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Hi again Benzmizer,

I talked to my sales agent and he now said that the car warranty will not be voided if I have bought the headrest and have it installed elsewhere.

This is of crouse good news for me.

But just to be safe, is there a need for me to get this into writing?

Alterra headrest with monitor for 2nd row seat