New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Just share my experience...newbie lang po sir...
    My 18 months old Alterra with 20K odo reading leaked the left front suspension and I found the same problem happen to my friend's Alterra. Considering everyday ride in a good condition road from my house to school is not a big deal to be a caused of the problem. It was already replaced under warranty but my concern is if the same specification of the suspension was installed, the same problem might happen after a year or two. Perhaps the suspensions are not suitable against the weight of the car. Isuzu must investigate this kind of problem. hey guys, we must do something if the same problem happen to your Alterra.

2. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Jovit View Post
    Just share my experience...newbie lang po sir...
    My 18 months old Alterra with 20K odo reading leaked the left front suspension and I found the same problem happen to my friend's Alterra. Considering everyday ride in a good condition road from my house to school is not a big deal to be a caused of the problem. It was already replaced under warranty but my concern is if the same specification of the suspension was installed, the same problem might happen after a year or two. Perhaps the suspensions are not suitable against the weight of the car. Isuzu must investigate this kind of problem. hey guys, we must do something if the same problem happen to your Alterra.
    So I have heard that case from some friends. They brought it back to their selling dealer (or any authorized ISUZU dealer for that matter) and the said shocks were replaced. Been over a year since and I have not heard any bad experience from them.

Should there be an "issue" on this, ISUZU Phils may have remedied it already.

3. Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Thanks sir for the info. Sana nga yung pinalit e tumagal na. That's the only problem I had at the moment, regarding the overall performance ...

Alterra Front suspension