New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 1212 FirstFirst 1234567891555105 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2012

2. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by StockEngine View Post
    most parts of the isuzu engine are made to last to about 500,000 km.

the duramax 2.8/2.5 on the chevy are can last up to 250,000 km.

i think thats where the "super" comes from
    Where's the supporting documents for these claim sir if I may ask? Curious ako dyan.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by Ry_Tower View Post
    Where's the supporting documents for these claim sir if I may ask? Curious ako dyan.
    the 250,000km figure is from chevy's. its also applicable only to the new 500nm 2.8 and the new 2.5 engine. they've improved the reliability.

i'll have to dig thru my surfing history about the isuzu.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    To ensure the all-new Isuzu D-Max is built to last, it underwent 4,000,000 kilometres of endurance testing, the equivalent of 100 times around the world. - See more at: Isuzu Technology - Isuzu D-Max
    the expected life of the engine is 500,000km this is not (engine warranty coverage)

5. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by fpsolin View Post
    Lets see kung alin ang mas magiging patok sa mga tsikoters natin..the new Trailblazer or the new Altera..ako rin.medyo nagdadalawang isip ngayon since na parehong isuzu ang engine.sa konsumo na lng..at sa pms ang dapat iconsider..
    Correction on the engine of the Trailblazer. It's not made by Isuzu. It's an Italian engine made by VM Motori Italia, JV between General Motors and Fiat. So far I can't comment on the FC yet since di pa lumalabas ang reviews nila niky about the new D-Max. Mas maganda kung comparative revuew between the new D-Max and the Colorado with the upgraded Duramax Diesel engine.
    Quote Originally Posted by fpsolin View Post
    In that case advantage tayo sa New Altera....any comments kaya from Mr.numbah....
    3 years warranty vs. 5 years warranty. Yan muna comment ko for now. Tsaka during the time ng pag gamit mo ng Trailblazer or Alterra, will it reach 250k-500k kms of usage?

Don't get me wrong, mas gusto ko exterior design ng new Alterra kesa sa Trailblazer. But if Isuzu Philippines decides to scrimp out on the features and specs just like what they did sa new D-Max, forget it.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk

6. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    its an assumption by Autoindustriya.com therefore not factual
    Which is still a possibility. Look at the new D-Max. Hindi man lang nilabas ang VGS engine dito. Isuzu Phils. blamed the Euro 2 diesel fuels kaya hindi nila nilabas ang VGS engine dito. Pero alam ko ang totoo. An Isuzu dealer principal told me why.

He said that if Isuzu brings the VGS engine here and puts an auto climate control A/C on the new D-Max LS 4x4 A/T, it will be more expensive than the Colorado LTZ 4x4 A/T. Eh ayaw ng Isuzu ng ganun, kaya they decided to scrimp out on the features of the new D-Max para maging mas mura kesa Colorado.

7. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Kailangan na talaga ng pokpok ang IPC kapag yung old engine parin ang isasalpak dito...

Sikip sigurado ng 3rd row neto. Laki ng binawas sa wheelbase from the previous gen.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

8. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by GTi View Post
    Kailangan na talaga ng pokpok ang IPC kapag yung old engine parin ang isasalpak dito...

Sikip sigurado ng 3rd row neto. Laki ng binawas sa wheelbase from the previous gen.

Baka naman may ginawang kakaiba isuzu para maluwang pa din. May review na ba nang actual unit with comparison sa previous gen?

Quote Originally Posted by numbah5 View Post
    Which is still a possibility. Look at the new D-Max. Hindi man lang nilabas ang VGS engine dito. Isuzu Phils. blamed the Euro 2 diesel fuels kaya hindi nila nilabas ang VGS engine dito. Pero alam ko ang totoo. An Isuzu dealer principal told me why.

He said that if Isuzu brings the VGS engine here and puts an auto climate control A/C on the new D-Max LS 4x4 A/T, it will be more expensive than the Colorado LTZ 4x4 A/T. Eh ayaw ng Isuzu ng ganun, kaya they decided to scrimp out on the features of the new D-Max para maging mas mura kesa Colorado.

Sa economies of scale ata nayayari isuzu. Whatever the reason, bad trip pa din luma pa din engine at tipid pa din sa features. Parating na pa naman new fort at everest. Lalo mababawasan sales nila.

Sent from my Lenovo using Tapatalk 2
    Fasten your seatbelt! Or else... Driven To Thrill!

9. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    the 250,000km figure is from chevy's. its also applicable only to the new 500nm 2.8 and the new 2.5 engine. they've improved the reliability.

i'll have to dig thru my surfing history about the isuzu.
    Ows? Talaga lang ah. AFAIK, the 250k km figure is for the Gen. 1 Duramax Diesel engine. The Gen. 2 Duramax Diesel engine has new parts, and ikaw na mismo nagsabi na improved reliability na, so that means mas mataas na sa 250k kms ang life cycle ng Gen. 2 Duramax Diesel engines.

10. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Considering that the Alterra uses the exact same body as the Trailblazer and Trailblazer reviews mostly agree on the cramped rear, I really don't see how they're gonna improve 3rd row space unless they make the seats even thinner and/or decrease 2nd row legroom. Either way it definitely ain't gonna replicate the space produced by a pickup-sized 3050mm wheelbase.

According to GoAuto.com.au, Isuzu claims that the 4JJ1 is good for a >=500000kms expected life cycle. I wonder...