New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    May na kapag try na ba mag install ng Alcohol injection sa XUV nyo? may available kasi sa SPEEDLAB at i think affordable na price ito compared sa NOS...

my bad side effects ba? nakita ko sa site ng speedlab MATADOR brandy pa gamit nila... sobra ok ito lalu na sa babad na akyatan like going ip baguo city.

according naman sa iba site puro maganda feed back. (which i think not always true ) What you guys think? should i be the 1st to try hehehehe
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------

DevilsOwn's Benefits Include:

•Increase horsepower safely by 10-15%.
    •Lower air temperatures by 50-200+ degrees.
    •Decrease cylinder temperatures up to 300 degrees.
    •Reduce the effects of heat soak in warmer climates.
    •Allows you to safely run more boost and timing.
    •Reduces carbon and helps maintain a clean combustion chamber.
    •Increases octane at user programmable boost levels.
    The main function of water methanol injection is preventing detonation. Detonation is caused by high temperatures and pressure developed in the combustion chamber. Water has a high latent heat content, which makes it extremely effective at preventing the onset of detonation. Water injection also reduces the production of NOx (oxides of nitrogen). Methanol, with its 116 octane and high flash point, further reduces the chances of detonation. While water is not combustible, it has a greater capacity to cool the intake air temps more than methanol alone. This is why we recommend a 50/50 mixture being misted into your boosted engine. Methanol also effectively increases the octane rating of the fuel, allowing performance gains when used in supercharged and turbocharged applications.

2. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Depends... on my older XTO, didn't have enough boost to make it worth my while... only a 5 hp boost. Dunno if it's the low boost pressure or the automatic transmission.

On another turbo Crosswind (apparently in better condition), gave an estimated 10-15 hp boost (estimated from the time sheets)... on one Focus TDCi I tested, the extra power was huge.

On a newer XUV, with an MT and a turbo, should be good for some extra pep. If you have an AT, I'm not sure.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

3. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Depends... on my older XTO, didn't have enough boost to make it worth my while... only a 5 hp boost. Dunno if it's the low boost pressure or the automatic transmission.

On another turbo Crosswind (apparently in better condition), gave an estimated 10-15 hp boost (estimated from the time sheets)... on one Focus TDCi I tested, the extra power was huge.

On a newer XUV, with an MT and a turbo, should be good for some extra pep. If you have an AT, I'm not sure.

4. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    naku kala ko pa naman very noticesable effect nito.

Anyway what if NOS injected sa XUV na matic my gains ba?

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Torque Master View Post
    naku kala ko pa naman very noticesable effect nito.

Anyway what if NOS injected sa XUV na matic my gains ba?

Have you tried LPG fogging?

6. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    ayaw mo na ng SiR or 316i? NOS setup nalang para sa XUV mo?

7. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by jeDi13 View Post
    ayaw mo na ng SiR or 316i? NOS setup nalang para sa XUV mo?
    hehehe sa sentra bumagsak

8. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter View Post
    Have you tried LPG fogging?
    power adder din po ba LPG? sobra bagal kasi matic na crosswind kaka inip lalo na sa overtake moves talaga mag dadalawang isip ka

9. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Nitrous? On a diesel? No way.. and not by itself.

If you want an automatic Crosswind to go faster, you have two choices... swap in a bigger turbo and reprogram your fuel pump for more fuel... or sell it and buy a faster AUV.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Torque Master View Post
    power adder din po ba LPG? sobra bagal kasi matic na crosswind kaka inip lalo na sa overtake moves talaga mag dadalawang isip ka
    It's called LPG/Propane Fumigation.

It temporarily adds power in diesel engines. I have heard it used for big rig trucks that have to go up hills and mountain roads. I think it would also be applicable to smaller diesel engines.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Alcohol injection for Crosswind?