New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    to all trooper owners:

i'm new here and need help on my trooper '01. Problem is the abs light stays on. However, there there are times it's off but after a while it lights up and stays on again. I had it diagnosed at isuzu dealer and they came up with a finding that the abs hydraulic system (pointing to the gadget beside the battery in the engine bay) is malfunctioning. And it's worth a whopping 116k...

questions: 1. can that hydraulic gadget be repaired instead of replaced?
    2. I haven't ruled out yet the sensors, baka cleaning lang or is it the computer diagnosis that i should heed?
    3. May available surplus ba yan and if yes, where can i find and buy one?

I'd like to share also my experience with the turbo. One time I was driving i noticed that exhaust belched white smoke but the engine power did not conk out. I stopped the car and had it towed to my reliable mechanic. I thought it was the injection but it turned the turbo bogged down. Cost of new turbo is big time 100k plus. I went to a surplus shop and got one at 20k, although some modifications on the fittings had to be made. Add labor, i still saved on hard earned bucks. Now, it works wonderfully well...hopefully.

hope one of my fellow troops owner could lend a helping hand!

Good day!

2. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    I would begin with flushing all the fluid and replacing it and checking fuses and relays. Second is cleaning all four wheel speed sensors. The front(allen) is hard to remove the rear(10mm) is easier. When servicing an ABS system remove the fuse so as not to activate a DTC on the ABS/ECU.
    Goodluck!

3. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    thanks po! i will follow your advice and inform you later. hope this fixes my abs problem.

what is DTC pala?pardon my ignorance.

mayron ba kayong trooper group or something like that?

4. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by 4JGtootsie View Post
    I would begin with flushing all the fluid and replacing it and checking fuses and relays. Second is cleaning all four wheel speed sensors. The front(allen) is hard to remove the rear(10mm) is easier. When servicing an ABS system remove the fuse so as not to activate a DTC on the ABS/ECU.
    Goodluck!

To illustrate 4JGtootsie's assessment, item #4 (front) and #5 (rear) are the ABS sensors. These sensors transmit signals to #3. If any of #4 or #5 fails, the ABS indicator would turn on.

This would be best evaluated by an ISUZU authorized dealer's Tech 2. Worst scenario for you would be the replacement of a faulty ABS sensor.

Keep us updated!

5. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Nice diagram, Thank You Benzmizer!

TripleJ
    DTC means diagnostic trouble code, electronics controlled by a computer box should read it.

abs light on