New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Good day to all!

First time kulang ho dto at gusto kusanang malaman, marinig, matutunan cnyong mga second owner kung ano ano b ang mga naging PROBLEMS nyo after buying the crosswind any models. Same as yung mga good quality at endurance's ng sasakyan after years na nagamit.

Yung sakin XUV 2003 model, i bought it last July lng & having 62km+, makinis at good p interior nya at engine. My kunting problem lng medyo mausok but every time na nag cacaarwash ako, sinusumpitan ko ng tubig yung muffler nya pra mabwasan ng residue ng carbon emission . Aside that Brusko parin tunog ng makina, One click padin pag nag sstart. Pang ilalim buo pa medyo my kunting RUST sa gilidgild ng chasis but mareremdyuhan pa agad ng under coating. Marami pakong gustong pa ayos at pabago para di masayang yung modelo niya.San kaya meron at makakabili ng affordable na parts na good quality pa. Pati narin yung d best na mga casa na pwedeng mapuntahan?

I hope makapag share kyo dito pra sa maraming idea at mga kapakapakinabang na usapan ntin. Salamat at GoD Bless us all...
    Last edited by red16; August 28th, 2009 at 12:17 AM. Reason: wrong format

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    [SIZE="4"]
    REMINDER: do not post in SMS/TXT format in tsikot.com
    [/SIZE]

3. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    red16

Gusto man kitang sagutin kaso sumakit ulo ko sa post niyo. Ako nga maski sa cellphone hindi gumamit ng text semantics.

Anyway, post mo ng mabuti maraming sasagot sa queries niyo. At basahin mo tsikot rules and regulations.

4. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    * red16: Everytime one purchases a 2nd hand unit (not just Crosswind), there is always that risk of hidden repairs needed on the car. I, for one, owns a 3rd hand 1983 240D. Imagine, 26 year old car... imagine the amount of risk to go with the vehicle. But so far, the car had served me well.

Concerning your query, it would be best that rather than ask what problems did others experience after purchasing a 2nd hand Crosswind (for issues vary depending on what state the vehicle is in during purchase), inquire some tips of what steps did others take to reduce the risk of getting a problematic vehicle.

I guess it would lessen the risk if one would be able to check the following prior to purchase:

1) Prior to viewing the target vehicle, know the basic (standard) specifications of the vehicle. This would serve as a basic guide to detemine your level of expectation on the overall condition of the unit
    2) Be keen and sensitive when checking the vehicle
    3) Maintenance Records / History of the vehicle
    4) Bring a TRUSTED mechanic
    5) Test drive the vehicle -- both paved and rough road

But more importantly, expect the worst. As I have said, it's a used vehicle you're purchasing, not brand new. Thou it would best (and ideal) to buy a "breand new condition" 2nd hand, it's still a 2nd hand vehicle.

Since you have already purchased the vehicle, prioritize the items you need to fix. Start with the safety-related items first; then the comfort-related features and lastly the aesthetics.

Good luck!
    Last edited by Benzmizer; August 28th, 2009 at 01:12 AM.

5. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    I couldn't agree with Benz more, I'm also a 2nd owner of an isuzu crosswind XUV 2005, at first I was considering buying a brand new unit of Crosswind XUV but the current price of a new unit is way off my budget so I decided to get a 2nd hand vehicle with more than 70k++ km on it.

Some of the 2 important things I failed to do when I got my unit.

1. Bring a mechanic prior to buying the car.
      - I already paid for the car when I brought my mechanic.
    2. Immediately Have the vehicle check for parts that needs to be replaced before starting to use the vehicle.
      - I used it for almost a month when i started feeling some problems with my brakes which eventually led to damage rotor disc due to worn brake pads.

as Benz said, even if it looks new it's still a 2nd hand unit so expect the worst. Having this in mind, be very keen while driving the car pag may naramdaman kang changes sa vehicle have it checked agad para di na lumala kung di man maprevent ung problem. Guilty ako dito.. I learned my lesson the costly way..

Another thing, always research about your vehicle, I myself is a newbie dito sa Tsikot but after just a few months I learned a lot from reading threads regarding our beloved crosswind. Isa pa ang daming handang mag share ng knowledge and experiences nila about their cars here in Tsikot.

I'm sure you will enjoy it here.

6. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Hey guys, don't think I'm sort of "GURU" who seemed to know all these stuff. I learned most of these the hard way myself.

Being an afficionado of old Mercs, I got bitten a lot. I used to just look at the aesthetic part of the vehicle... missed looking at RUST SPOTS, mechanicals and electricals --- ending up spending the same amount I got the car!

But being an enthusiast, I gladly share my experience with you guys so you could avoid falling for the same pit I did. That way, i feel a little "closure" on the disappointments I experienced.

7. Join Date
    Aug 2009
    "guru" not bad! Benz!

Like you said before na kung papano ka mag check ng car, ganun ako now espicially itong huli kong nakuhang xuv. Medyo naka focus ang attention ko sa Interior ng car at i forgot already the mechanical parts nito. Gaya medyo "nervous" ako baka after this or while im driving may marinig nalalng akong "kalampag" o "makita" na problema. I hope and pray na wala sana at next time magiging mabusisi nako. (Nakalimutan na kasi naming magdala ng Mechanic.) Before buying the car. For now 2months nasamin itong xuv at walapanamang problem, aside sa t.belt na pinalitan ko. (medyo nag uumpisa na yung pagkapudpod.) Now im planing to change the rotor disc, p check konarin d.break. Magkano kaya?
    Kaya next time be aware and matanong na tayo sa pagtitingin ng sasakyan... GB.

8. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    As far as I know, the 4JA1 that powered the Crosswinds use timing gear not timing belts.

Matibay ang makina nito, usually ang unang bumigay ay ang clutch and brake system, radiator, and aircon (not necessarily in this order).

As a second hand owner, change all the fluids of the vehicle just to have a peace of mind.

9. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Personally, I always make it a point to "RESET" my newly acquired 2nd hand unit's condition to "0"..... which means I have the car tuned up --- drain all fluids, have the underchassis and safety-related items of the vehicle checked thoroughly.

I know this procedure is costly but this is the only way you'd be guaranteed of what "REAL" state your vehicle is. At the same time, you get to have your own history card of the vehicle and not just rely on the former owner's claims. (which is unreliable unless you personally know)

Gerbo is correct. timing gear nga ang Crosswind --- which MAINLY explains why the engine is considered "NOISIER" than it's direct counterparts (who all use timing belts) Now if there is any consolation to gears --- no worries and issues of "tukod".