New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 261 123451151101 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Please advise kung magkano yung center cap for a 2010 Dmax LS, both for casa and local autoshops. Thank you!

2. Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by isketi View Post
    My D-Max is a Dec '03 4x2 LS A/T. Ang problem ko naman sa kanya is that if I don't use the vehicle for at least 4 hours, on the next time that I shift from P to D, the vehicle doesn't move unless I step on the accelerator. However, once the vehicle starts moving, during the next time that I shift to D from P or N the vehicle will move on its own even if I don't step on the accelerator basta less than 4 hours yung duration nung pagkakahinto nung sasakyan. Yung pakiramdam pag sinusumpong siya parang naninikit yung brakes pero ilang beses ko nang pinacheck, free wheeling naman lahat. :confused:
    if you have not replaced the atf of the transmission since 2003. best to replace it with a fresh batch of atf.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by kotse.com View Post
    [SIZE=3]PROBLEMS: DMAX Automatic << I need advise[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=3]Hello, I have a 3 month old DMAX Automatic and I have several concerns. Kindly provide your advice.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=3]Heating Transmission board[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=3]Inconsistently but most often, the section where there letters/number is located is heating (or hot), appx 60 degrees Celsius. During my first PMS, they checked it and found no problem. The transmission oil was replaced but the same problem. Is this natural? Any guess why is this happening?[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=3]Not sure if this is related to the problem but it seems whenever the Horse Power is low (see more details in the next section) and the traffic is congested, that is the time were the heating occurs.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=3]Inconsistent Horse Power (HP)[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=3]I can feel the HP of my car goes up and down; I use the INST mode in the dashboard for monitoring the instantaneous fuel consumption as my basis for HP monitoring. During initial acceleration or slow driving, if the HP is high, typically the value does not go down to 4.0 Km/L. But if the HP is low, sometimes the values go as low as 1.8 Km/L. What on earth is going on!? I even tend to believe that using a SCALAR energy magnet in the engine will balance the supernatural energies that can enhance the HP..Toink!… [/SIZE]
    [SIZE=3]My friend told me that the horse power is affected by the weather condition, air temperature affects burning of fuel. I agree since hot air has less oxygen available on per cubic measurement, but should it really affect the HP? [/SIZE]
    [SIZE=3]Furthermore, another guess I have is that the transmission oil viscosity lowers down during hot temperature. Thus, the torque converter efficiency in transferring the force from engine to the wheels lowers down. But if this is happing only to my unit then temperature issue shouldn’t affect the HP and ability to shift rapidly. [/SIZE]
    [SIZE=3]Can anyone please provide insights?[/SIZE]

[SIZE=3]Poor Fuel Consumption[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=3]After all the research and study with regard to fuel efficient driving style, I only got 6.5 km/L (90% City traffic driving )up to 8.3 km/L (70 % City traffic driving). I typically pass traffic congested area, from Global City to Pasig and vice versa, kindly “feel” the level of the congestion during rush hour. DMAX should be better than this right?[/SIZE]

[SIZE=3]Better Diesel provider[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=3]I usually use Caltex Diesel; it gives me better HP compare to other providers. Better HP gives me better fuel consumption because it makes gear shifting faster. BUT!!! I realize when I do full tank; the color of the fuel is white due high amount of air present on it. The Fuel Crew needs to wait for few seconds for the fuel to shrink so he could add more fuel and have to repeat for four times. Is this normal!? How about other fuel providers? [/SIZE]
    [SIZE=3]Another car geek friend of mine told me “Mahangin talaga Caltex Fuels” [/SIZE]

[SIZE=3]Misaligned Bed[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=3]My DMAX bed is not in a correct shape, the left side is lower than the right side around 1 to 2 cm. It is noticeable unfortunately. I consulted the warranty representative and he hasn’t got back to me with the answer on how the problem will be addressed since they don’t cater such repair in their shop, any advice? [/SIZE]
    Sir about fuel consumption. mine got 13 to 14km/L highway and 10.8 to 11 on city driving. i own a 2010 dmax ls 4x2 manual transmission.

and sir dun po sa better diesel provider, wala po sa pangalan yun. ang tignan niyo sir is kung gaano kalinis ang gasolinahan. caltex shell and petron. iisa lang yan. minsan sir mas madalas pa nga mandaya ang mga dealer ng big 3 na yan dun sa produkto nila. (i.e. kumukuha sila sa subic para mas malaki tubo.)

share ko lang sir sa inyo. naalala niyo po ba nung magkaroon "daw" ng shortage sa diesel. the only depot na naglalabas ng diesel is caltex. shell and petron isinara ang mga depot. san kaya nangagaling ung tinitinda ng shell at petron station nung mga panahon na yun. hahah.

4. Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by isketi View Post
    My D-Max is a Dec '03 4x2 LS A/T. Ang problem ko naman sa kanya is that if I don't use the vehicle for at least 4 hours, on the next time that I shift from P to D, the vehicle doesn't move unless I step on the accelerator. However, once the vehicle starts moving, during the next time that I shift to D from P or N the vehicle will move on its own even if I don't step on the accelerator basta less than 4 hours yung duration nung pagkakahinto nung sasakyan. Yung pakiramdam pag sinusumpong siya parang naninikit yung brakes pero ilang beses ko nang pinacheck, free wheeling naman lahat. :confused:
    Quote Originally Posted by mintoy View Post
    if you have not replaced the atf of the transmission since 2003. best to replace it with a fresh batch of atf.
    Ang tagal na nung post ko na yun a, hehe.

Anyway, I religiously have the ATF replaced at the prescribed intervals (every 20T kms). When I first noticed the problem, I even brought it to Autoteknika for their dialysis-like ATF flushing but the problem persisted.

I have likewise brought it to several casas & independent repair shops but no one could solve the problem. I just learned to live with it. What I do is to just let my D-Max idle for at least 3 minutes after a cold start before driving it. Somehow it seems difficult to wake up the tranny after a long rest.

5. Join Date
    Feb 2007
    bro jarhead nilinis ko na rin, medyo marumi na rin nga... guys saan kau meron alam na mura mag pa adjust ng valve clearance, nag inquire ako
    sa isuzu pasig sa ugong around 5h raw.. pwede na ba to, before sa strada
    ko 2nd gen 150 lang hinihingi sakin mechanics eh..

6. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by mintoy View Post
    Every 20,000 kms talaga dapat drain ATF. Wag na magtipid ng wala sa lugar... dahil kapag minalas malas, mas malaki gasto ng tranny overhaul! A 'small' price for added comfort.

Quote Originally Posted by 1911a1 View Post
    bro jarhead nilinis ko na rin, medyo marumi na rin nga... guys saan kau meron alam na mura mag pa adjust ng valve clearance, nag inquire ako
    Mas mura talaga kapag di sa CASA papa-adjust valve clearances mo. Apples and oranges yung comparison. Basta knowledgeable at kilala mo gagawa, walang problema.

7. Join Date
    Jul 2003
    sa isuzu rizal (along marcos highway) nag pa valve tappet adjusment ako. cant recall exact price parang between 300-500 pesos. mga 1-2.5 hours nga coz kailangan pa palamigin yun makina. first reason is para ma dismantle yun mag parts second ay coz sa cold setting yun mga clearance nya.

note: this was before ondoy, dati kaunti lang mga customer duon. dumating ako 9am on a Wednesday, salang agad

8. Join Date
    Feb 2007
    thanks bro kurt, malapit lang ba sa masinag yun?

9. Join Date
    Jul 2003
    thanks bro kurt, malapit lang ba sa masinag yun?

yup. bago mag masinag coming from robinsons, sta.lucia area, lampas shell at servitek pa.

10. Join Date
    May 2010
    Hello again guys. I have some inquiries again...

1. I'm used to seeing our driver warm up our sedan in the morning. Then he turns it off and inspect the oil level. I was told that it should be done the other way around? Tama ba? Inspect the oil level first before warming up the engine? Both for diesel and gas vehicles?

2. Our Dmax is now about a month old. Just changed oil for its first 1,500 kms. The display says that its ave. fuel consumption is about 12.5 kms/liter. Is this good enough? Will it become better as the Dmax register more kilometers?

3. I have already made mistakes and there are some scratches in my pick up, how do i get them removed? Dapat ba sa Isuzu mismo or I can go somewhere else?

Thanks for any help

Page 1 of 261 123451151101 ... LastLast
Isuzu Dmax Owners [continued]