New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Crosswind XTO 2003, 200,000 na.well-maintained.

Im planning to mod it...kasi completely stock siya except from some few aesthetic accesories(bull bars, stepboard, hood visor,etc.) im going to strip everything and start from scratch.

plano ko i drop yung ride height sa front, papaint yung rims and body.

any suggestions?

2. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Change the rims BUT design should still be suitable to the unit. Since dropped, you may want to explore using 16s using 215/60R16 tires. Install a suitable-sized basetube and locate it between the 2 side-facing seats at the 3rd row. Upgrade the radio to a 1-DIN DVD/CD/MP3 with 3.5" headunit standard for 2010 Sportivos.

3. Join Date
    Feb 2011
    im planning on using the stock rims tapos pa paint ko na lang para fresh tingnan, i was thinking of just using a smaller tire at the front, masacrifice ba yung ride quality?...yung 3rd row hindi facing seats we got it changed katulad nung sa 2nd row..i dunno i might put it back/...pag nag basstube ba do i need amplifiers and such?

4. Join Date
    Feb 2011
    and yeah..im going for the stock look..no stupid accessories..no rice.

5. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by khem09 View Post
    im planning on using the stock rims tapos pa paint ko na lang para fresh tingnan, i was thinking of just using a smaller tire at the front, masacrifice ba yung ride quality?...yung 3rd row hindi facing seats we got it changed katulad nung sa 2nd row..i dunno i might put it back/...pag nag basstube ba do i need amplifiers and such?
    Stock tires of an XTO are 205/65R15. I do not suggest you using smaller tires if all for rims (stock as you said) are of the same size. (non-staggered) It'll look awkward. At the least, replace all four tires with a nice and quiet tread pattern tires such as Micheline Energy XM1. This would reduce road noise without compromising the ride. You can also repaint the rims with gunmetal finish to show a "fresh and new" look.

As for the basstube, no need to put amplifiers since these are equip with built-in amps already. All you need to do is to plug it to your headunit's aux speaker port.

As to the 3rd row seats, I personally find the side-facing seats more "practical" and space-efficient.

200k mileage