New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    May amoy ba yung tambutso ng trooper nyo.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    may weird smell nga. if i remember correctly, it's because of the cat converter. the smoke coming out of the trooper is more environment-friendly.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    amoy sunog ba?

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    sour smell?

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I guess its normal coz all trooper have that same foul smell hehehe

6. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Salamat sa mga nag reply.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    yup. Even for the 1999 model. We all the same engine 4JX1-TC

8. Join Date
    Jan 1970
    The unique odor of the exhaust is the result of the chemical reaction between the exhaust gasses and the chemical agents inside the catalytic converter of the 4JX1-TC Trooper. Nothing to be concerned with.

9. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    I do agree, all have that smell.

I would like to share this to all trooper owners, as one of the problems of troopers is their smoke belching. Yes, we do pass emission test, but when you drive the car, its embarrasing if we emit black smoke.

I mentioned this when I had my cars serviced, but all they say is, its normal. although you have regularly clean your exhaust system, after awhile, it will come back.

My last maintenance was at Isuzu Makati, and as per their recommendation, I will pay the pull down and cleaning of my exhaust system and they will take out the filter (which is like a hard honeycomb type filter) and that would solve the problem. I asked if the emission numbers will change, as per the service advisor, it will not change it (hmmm..i dont know if this is true ..ill find out when i register my car in a months time).

but i did see the improvement of the smoke. In short, it is better..no more smoke belching as my driving habits havent changed. although if you floor it, it has more black smoke, but far less than when the filter was in.

fyi to trooper owners. I am not sure if this is the best way to fix the problem, but it was a recommendation from their service advisers who I assume knows what they are talking about.

peace

10. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    may kakaibang amoy nga yung usok sa tambutso nun trooper and also grabe usok!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by mkgo View Post
    May amoy ba yung tambutso ng trooper nyo.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
2003 Isuzu Trooper Skyroof Emission