New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    gud day everyone, i would just like to have your opinions regarding the 2002 isuzu trooper. would it be a good choice for me to trade my 2006 honda civic for a 2002 isuzu trooper,im asking this because i need a bigger car. I already read and heard positive and negative comments on the trooper specially about the injectors, but i also know that every car has has its own positive and negative aspects. so its hard for me to decide if i should get it or not. Here are the are some specs of the trooper 56k odometer reading, had the aircon cleaned and had it changed oil and the person that i am dealing with is a friend of mine and he said that the trooper is in good condition. thank you very much for reading my post, it would be a big help for me to choose if i should go for it or not..

2. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Hi Frankie.

You mentioned that the 2002 Trooper is of you friend's, right? Did you ask and confirm with him if he RELIGIOUSLY had the Trooper maintained in an authorized ISUZU dealer? You should put more weight and consideration on this for this would most likely dictate your ownership experience with the Trooper.

If possible, bring the Trooper you're eyeing in an ISUZU dealer. Check the records. If the dealer gives the Trooper a thumbs up, then GO for it! GO FOR GOLD!!!

Good Luck!!!

3. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Benzmizer View Post
    Hi Frankie.

You mentioned that the 2002 Trooper is of you friend's, right? Did you ask and confirm with him if he RELIGIOUSLY had the Trooper maintained in an authorized ISUZU dealer? You should put more weight and consideration on this for this would most likely dictate your ownership experience with the Trooper.

If possible, bring the Trooper you're eyeing in an ISUZU dealer. Check the records. If the dealer gives the Trooper a thumbs up, then GO for it! GO FOR GOLD!!!

Good Luck!!!
    yes sir, i can also see that he really took care of his trooper.. he did not maintain it the casa but he has a shop were he regularly changes oil and everything.. thank you sor for your post!

4. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    4JXI is a fast, powerful and responsive engine.
    It uses synthetic oil at all times. Besco at 1500 pesos times 2.
    You must always use original oil filters at all times. 2 filters.
    Sensors and actuators must be original. Replacement and adaption is no good.
    Meron units no hindi naman sirain but meron din nighmare, remember that they all have the same engine.
    Its priced lower than its true market value.
    Goodluck in your decision!

2002 isuzu trooper