New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    i just got my car repainted (white), and now, i've got overspray all over my dash, shift knob, steering wheel, gauge cluster and everything else.

my most pressing problem is how to remove the overspray on the gauge. coz whenever the sun shines on it from a certain angle, i couldn't read the gauges. and the cover is made of plastic, so i don't think thinner or solvents of the same nature would do.

please help. thanks!

2. Join Date
    Dec 2004
    for the plastic guages I think claying will do the job if the overspray is not that heavy..

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    di naman grabe, may mga tiny specks lang naman ng paint.

can i diy this? if yes, where can i buy the needed materials?
    or is it better to let big bert's do it :D

4. Join Date
    Dec 2004
    inquire ka muna sa bb, baka it'll turn out cheaper than buying the stuff you need. one bar of clay costs 750 already..

5. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    if its acrylic paint or urethane paint chances are it won't come of kahit clay... kasi the thinners in the paint may have "eaten" thru the plastic already. and you all know what happens with plastic + thinners.

happened to my hi-ace we clayed it and malabo pa rin yung plastic covering the cluster panel. di na naalis ng clay yung over spray. mine was over sprayed with dark blue

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    its urethane paint.

so, its safe to conclude that i'll have to live with that? oh well.. hehehe :D

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Get a surplus cluster lens.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    how the heck did the painter get overspray on the interior of the car??! :confused:

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    M54: Ohhh you'd be surprised with how MANY of those we see at the shop after painting.

10. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by OTEP
    Get a surplus cluster lens.
    I agree, it will cost less sa budget at less sa trabaho.

wtd: dash overspray